thirty

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

draco

"Draco and Hermione. Shit" I watched his mouth silently form the words as I realised instantly he knew I had told Hermione.

He looked lost, angry and hurt. He looked at me, gave me possibly the filthiest darkest look I've ever seen him deliver before he swiftly turned around and ran out of the library.

"Well, shit"

"Draco what am I going to do know?"

"I don't know Hermione! I didn't calculate him following after me, I just assumed he would continue stuffing his face! I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault. You were trying to do the right thing"

"I just wanted to help you after you helped me" I said, banging my fist on the library table in frustration.

How could I be so absolutely stupid and irrational. I just made Hermione's life a thousand times harder.

So now not only does Ron think I'm a proper git that just ran off and betrayed his secret, he probably has jumped to ridiculous and untrue conclusions about Hermione's feelings towards him, judging by her body language. He didn't get to witness her surprise and elation at my revelation. He got to see her frustration that we couldn't think of a plan, which he has probably now associated with Hermione's feelings for him.

Great.

Fuck.

"Hermione, just, I reckon, run out there, grab him and give him a big ol, yanno, snog"

Hermione looked disgusted at that suggestion.

"Draco, I couldn't just do that, it would be weird"

"There's really no reason not to Hermione. You know he loves you. You know you loved him. Hey, it worked on me. Celia didn't say anything when she saw me this morning. Just gave me a juicy one right here" I said and pointed to my lips.

Hermione tried to hold back her laughter but she couldnt help it as giggles escaped from her mouth which she had covered with her mouth.

"I never used to get why Celia chose you as a best friend" she said "But now that you're my friend I get it. You're pretty cool Draco"

I didn't know what to say. Somehow, in literally a few hours, Hermione had become my second best friend, second of course to Celia.

"I'm glad you're my friend Hermione, I really am, now go get Ron!" I said, shooing her off her chair and out of the library

╚═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╝

╔═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╗

hermione

I ran out of the library after Ron as fast as I could, still laughing at Draco.

"Ron! Slow down, would you?" I called after him.

"No Hermione. Go away. Draco was just being an asshole. I can't believe I trusted him"

"I can't believe I trusted him either" I said desperately.

Ron was incredibly stubborn, and was usually very likely to see things from someone else's point of view until a few days after the argument, when he would go and apologise for being unreasonable. Like right now, for instance, he didn't think that maybe I either wanted to tell him I love him, or talk to him about his feelings towards me, he just knew that he was angry and had to go deal with that.

"I'm sure whatever he did to you wasn't half as bad as what he just did to me" Ron said, picking up the pace.

"You're right" I said out of breath "In fact, what he did for me was great. Because now, I know for a fact that you love me back"

"Hermione, please just-" he had begun to interrupt me before he stopped talking suddenly and turned around. "I love you... back?"

"Yes Ron" I said, continuing to run to him. "You love me back" I muttered before grabbing the back of his neck and pulling his lips to mine.

Needless to say, it felt amazing.

His reaction time was fast, he started kissing me back instantaneously, one hand flying to my waist, the other to my hair.

I broke the kiss probably a bit earlier than I should have.

"I love you" I said, completely and utterly breathless

"I love you too" he replied

╚═══ *.·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·.* ═══╝

the end