Lay (Your Greatest Fan)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lay (Your Greatest Fan)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“_____! _____! _____!!!”

The crowd screamed your name as you shined on the stage. Your voice carried out numerous songs that made the audience stand up - cheering you on with their slogans and posters. So far your concerts were successful and being a pop artist was a lot of fun. Singing was naturally fun for you and it was more meaningful when you sing for others – when you sing for your fans.

“_____! You’re very great! I love you!”

You saw a teenage guy waving his poster frantically as his voice called out your name. When he saw you look at him, he blushed and stopped cheering. You could see his friends nudge him teasingly as they saw his reaction. What a cute kid, you smiled and turned towards the other people in the crowd. The teenage guy’s voice lingered in the air as he sang along your songs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thank you! You take care of yourself.”

You smiled at the little girl who gave you a stuffed toy. You always love interacting with fans. They make the job worthwhile. The girl gave you a kiss on the cheek before she waved goodbye.

“_____! I love you! Will you please sign my poster?”

You looked over your shoulder. It was the teenage guy from before. He held out his shaking hands with the poster of you. Seeing his blushing face made you giggle.

“Hello, what’s your name?”

“U-uhhh. Yixing! My name is Yixing, _____.”

“That’s a nice name.” You smiled, “Thank you for watching my concert, Yixing.”

“You don’t have t-to thank me! I’m your greatest fan! Please sign my poster, _____!”

You laughed heartily at his enthusiasm. “Yixing…” You signed his poster and gave him a hug. “You shouldn’t ask me for my autograph again, okay?”

The handsome lanky teenager gulped. “W-why?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four years later, you were relaxing at home with a cup of warm coffee. Your world tour will start next month so your manager gave you a few days for yourself. Turning the TV on, you sat on the couch as you watched an interview. Twelve boys were on the screen, they look pretty handsome and talented.

One member held the mic and smiled. “Annyeong, I’m Lay!”

“So Lay, we heard that you were a big fan of this famous female artist…” the host inquired. Lay smiled and nodded. “So did she have any influence on you to become a performing artist?”

“Yes, she was the first one who inspired me to become who I am right now.” Lay’s words earned howls and cheers from the other members. He just laughed it off, “Her words are what gave me the power to work hard.” He finished explaining with a smile, showing his cute dimple.

Hmmm, could it be? He does look familiar. You stared at Lay closer, trying hard to see beyond that mature face.

“She said ‘Yixing, why would you ask for my autograph when you can give yours in the near future?’ Since that encounter, I realized that she was cheering me on. I was, and I still am, her greatest fan but she cheered me on! That gave me so much strength. I owe her my gratitude.”

You smiled. There he was. The awkward teenage guy who asked for your autograph is now a star.

“Congratulations, Yixing. I’ll be your greatest fan from now on. ”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ta-daaah! Imagine Lay as your fanboy! Hahaha! And imagine being Lay’s inspiration to become a star! :D