EXO - M (Protect You)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXO-M (Protect You)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, _____... We were wondering… Why don’t you invite some friends over?”

You lowered the book you were reading and gazed at his pale face. “Luhan, there’s no need. I have you guys.” He smiled at your words as he went closer, “Are you sure you don’t feel lonely? Kris says it’s not healthy for a person to--” “I told you it’s fine. I’m fine.” Then you heard Chen’s hauntingly beautiful voice float in the air as a pleasing piano piece by Lay accompanied him.

Xiumin entered the room. He held a tray of food.

“_____, Lay said you didn’t eat an hour ago. You forgot again.”

You hid the book behind you, hoping he didn’t notice. “I’m sorry, Xiumin…”

“Busy reading again, huh?” He reprimanded with a smile. “It’s okay, just remember next time.” He laid the tray on your study table. You looked at Lay’s scrumptious creations, “Hmm. No coffee?” Xiumin shook his head. “No coffee for tonight. Your first day of school starts tomorrow.”

“Uughhh~ I hate school…” You scowled. Luhan patted your back with his cold hand.

“You have to go tomorrow, _____. It’s for your own good.” Kris appeared near the doorway and held out a bag. “Here. I’ve prepared all your things. You have to sleep after dinner, okay? Chen says he’ll wake you up first thing in the morning.”

“I know… but… I’d rather spend my time with you guys. I love all of you.”

“We love you too, _____.” Tao said as he entered the room. “We’ll always protect you.”

You smiled at his words as you ate in silence. The guys watched over you as the night grew darker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello. I’m _____, I live at the border of town.”

Your classmates gave you appalled looks. “So is it true? That your house is--”

“No, it’s not. Nothing harms me” You immediately said. “I live there peacefully.”

Someone snickered, “Yeah, you live with ghosts. Ghosts of murderers.”

You shook your head nervously. “They’re not dangerous. They protect me like I’m their little sister.”

The whole class roared in laughter and flung things at you. Their mocking and scornful voices attacked you and you fell defenselessly on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Who did this to you?” Lay demanded with gritted teeth.

You wobbled as you stepped inside the bleak house. He helped you towards the couch as he checked your bruises. “I-It’s nothing, Lay. I just had a misunderstanding with my classmates.”

“They bullied you.” Kris said as he sat beside you. His pale face showed distress and anger. Luhan, Chen, Xiumin and Tao appeared instantly in front of you. Their expressions mirrored the emotions on Kris’ face.

“They just had different views and… we had a small fight. It’s okay, no need to worry.” You tried to calm the boys who were surrounding you.

“Go to sleep, _____. We’ll protect you.” You heard Chen say as calmly as he can.

You sighed. There was no point in arguing with them now. You walked up the stairs and went to your room. The six of them were your guardians; they love you so much they’ll be willing to kill anyone who hurts you. They will kill anyone who hurts you.

You looked out of the window as they floated away to the city. You know very well what will happen to your classmates tonight.

Sigh. And they even wonder why you don’t have friends…