Xiumin (The First Snow)

A/N: Lately, I’ve been listening to this track. The lyrics really struck me, right in the feels! When this song plays, I’m happy and sad at the same time XD

ahem THE FIRST SNOW ahem

ahem READ ENGLISH LYRICS ahem

ahem LISTEN TO THE SONG ahem

ahem ahem ahem XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiumin (The First Snow)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xuimin! Hey, Xiumin! There it is, the first snow!

You were seven when you first saw him. Every year, your family would spend the Christmas season with his family. He was a shy kid but playing in the snow really brought out his fun side.

H-Hello? This is Xiumin. _____, I m-miss you.I’m lonely, but… umm, Merry Christmas!

There was a time when the yearly visit was canceled because of bad weather conditions. Shy thirteen year old Xiumin called to greet you a Merry Christmas, just like how he does every year – it was a promise he made when you became friends.

Hahaha! Xiumin! It’s me, silly.

Sixteen year old you laughed as you saw him speechless. He hugged you tight as tears fell from his eyes. “Merry Christmas, _____. How have you been?” You smiled in his arms; the cute Xiumin was starting to look like a man now. And you were starting to feel different for him.

He didn’t treat you well, forget him. Merry Christmas, _____. I love you.

There you were, crying as you shared how your heart got broken by some jerk. You told Xiumin that you want your tears to cover your bruised heart just like how the cold snow covers the ground. But Xiumin had other plans as his lips covered yours in a warm kiss.

But Xiumin, I want to spend Christmas with you. Please tell the guys that you’ll spend it with me…

No, ____. Merry Christmas anyway. That was what he said as he ended the call. Lately, he’s spent more time with the guys. He would come home late, extremely drunk. You couldn’t do anything but wait for him to come home, guide him to bed and lie beside him. “Merry Christmas, Xiumin,” tears fell down as you look at your sleeping lover. “It’s too cold. It’s snowing.”

You need him, especially at a time like this. You should just tell Xiumin, _____. He deserves to know…

You coughed as your mother told you those words. You smiled weakly at her as you shook your head. Yes you want him to be with you, but you don’t want him staying just because of this. “I need his love, mother. Not his pity…” You coughed again, “It’s just the cold weather. It’s snowing, after all.” Your mother looked at you sadly, and sighed.

It’s different now, Xiumin. Your tears are useless, she’s never coming back. Merry Christmas.

Your father’s cold words pierced Xiumin like an icy breeze. He didn’t know you had this sickness for a long time. He didn’t know you needed more than just his Christmas greetings. Just thinking of you made his tears fall.

Hello, _____. I want to go back to you… but, umm… Merry Christmas.

A year after, Xiumin laid out fresh flowers on your grave. He brushed off the snow that was gathering, and then he sat in front of you. He cried his heart out. “I’m sorry I didn’t treat you well, _____. I’m so sorry…”

_____. Hey,_____. There it is, the first snow.

Snow began to fall. Another year passed and he was still crying his heart out. “Merry Christmas, _____. How have you been?” Xuimin felt something cold on his cheek. It was probably the snow. Or was it his tears?