Chanyeol (Sorry, Not Sorry. Part 2.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol (Sorry, Not Sorry. Part 2.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three weeks later…

“Still depressed even on our graduation day?” Suho questioned you as the ceremony ended. You were up on the rooftop and he followed you, worrying that you might do something irresponsible.

“Relax, Suho-oppa. I have no intentions on jumping over the edge. I was just thinking about… you know…” You gave him a small smile. He hugged you from behind and you didn’t expect his next question.

“_____. Am I a bad boyfriend?” You could sense the hurt in his voice.

“Why would you think like that, oppa? You love me very much!” You turned to face him but as soon as you did, you saw the pain on his face.

“Yes, I love you very much but it’s not enough, right? You can’t give your love fully to me, _____.”

Suho was right. It was true that even in the presence of your boyfriend; your ex-bestfriend was only the one on your mind. Suho wasn’t the bad boyfriend; you were the bad girlfriend. It was unfair for him.

“_____, it’s true that it started with a bet. But the more I spent time with you… the more I wanted to show you how serious I am. You changed me. I’m sorry if I broke your friendship with Chanyeol, but I want to you to be happy.” He hugged you tight, seemingly afraid to let you go.

You knew what Suho was thinking before he could even say it.

You hugged him tighter, “Oppa… You’re b-breaking up with me?”

“I’m sorry, it was my fault. And to make things right, I’m letting you go. But before I do…” He closed the distance and gave you a gentle kiss on the lips. You felt his hands on your hair as he broke the kiss, resting his forehead on yours. “I love you, _____. Now go and chase him before he leaves the campus.”

You nodded as you gave him a grateful look. “T-thank you...” Suho smiled as you ran down to the university entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wait! Don’t leave yet!”

Chanyeol stopped to turn and look at you panting heavily. “And why should I listen to you?” His tone was icy cold.

“C-Chanyeol… I…” You gulped and bowed down. “Please don’t ignore me t-this time. Before a-anything else, I want to congratulate you for graduating. I’m v-very happy for you-” You heard Chanyeol groan and bend his knees in a sitting position.

“_____... Why do you have to do this? You’re Suho’s girlfriend so you shouldn’t talk to me. You’ll make me fall harder for you if you continue being so-”

“We broke up. And what do you mean I’ll make you fall harder for me?”

“Argh! You made me say it! And yo-“ Chanyeol stood up. “Y-You broke up with him? For real?!”

You crossed your arms and sighed, “Actually, Suho broke up with me and he-”

“WHAT?! He really had the nerve to do that?! I’d punch that arrogant bastar-”

“I’m not done yet! And don’t call him a bastard. He’s sweet and caring and-”

“So what should I do? Should I comfort you because the sweet and caring Suho broke up with you?” Chanyeol couldn’t hide the jealousy in his voice. You giggled.

“I want you back, pabo. I don’t want you to ignore me anymore, so I’m gonna apologize.” You straightened up and stared at him. “I’m sorry, Park Chanyeol. It was my fault for being so reckless, for breaking our friendship and for ignoring you as well. Let’s be friends again, please.”

Chanyeol sighed, “It’s not that simple, _____. Remember when I walked away? I didn’t do step three because if I did, things would go back the way they were. We would be friends again. It always goes back to friendship and it sucks that I have to be stuck in that relationship with you.”

The pain was too much and tears flowed out of your eyes, “S-so you don’t want to be friends with me? I’m sorry if I’m so bossy and childish, Chanyeol. But if you don’t want to be friends again, I…”

Chanyeol pulled his hair as he groaned in frustration. “Dammit, _____! Why do you have to be so dense?! I don’t mean it that way! Remember the pink poodle shirt? I wore it because Auntie said you like pink and you like poodles. Remember when I joined the soccer team? I joined because I heard the guys were planning something to you and I wanted to protect you! I became your bestfriend because I wanted to be by your side every day. And even if I knew you had a crush on someone else, I was hoping you’ll forget about him and look at me instead! I did all those things because I love you!”

You cried even more. “If you do love me… why did you have to ignore m-me, Chanyeol?”

His hands cupped your face and he looked at you tenderly, “Because if I did step three, I’ll remain as your friend forever. I was hoping you’d see me more than that, _____.” Chanyeol wiped your tears away and kissed your cheek. “I love you, _____. I really love you but…”

“But I love you too, Chanyeol. I do!” His strong body wrapped you in a warm hug. “You’re so mean, Park Chanyeol. As punishment for ignoring me, you have to be my boyfriend.”

“I’ll happily accept that punishment, _____.” He grinned. “And as punishment for being so dense and for going out with Suho, you have to marry me someday. As soon as possible.”

“I’ll happily accept that punishment, too.”

You smiled as his lips met yours in a passionate kiss. You didn’t mind if you were in the university grounds, no one was around anyway.

After that breathtaking kiss, you tiptoed for your lips to reach his ears. “Chanyeol?”

“Hmm?” His arms snaked around your waist.

“I’m glad you didn’t do step three.”