Chanyeol (Thumbelina)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol (Thumbelina)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Jagiya, are you ready yet?” You heard your boyfriend’s impatient voice from the living room. “Just a minute!” you replied.

Chanyeol sighed and flopped on the couch. You’ve been dating for three years now. ‘Just a minute’ would imply another 30 minutes or so. He’s used to this scenario after all. “Okay, _____. I’ll be waiting here in the living room.” He loosened his collar, laid on his back and took a short nap until you were ready. Upstairs, you were busy trying the pair of stilettos you bought a week ago. You slipped them on and stood up towards the bedroom door. You only took a few steps but your knees wobbled and you fell on the floor with a loud thud. “Jagi?! What was that? I’m coming upstairs,” your boyfriend yelled from below. “Don’t bother! It’s nothing! I’ll be right there, Chanyeol.” You groaned as you managed to stand up and fix yourself. “Are you sure, Thumbelina?”

You sighed. That was Chanyeol’s pet name for you. Even when you were still friends, he called you that because of your… well… your petite figure. You only reached up to his shoulders and when you would talk, you always have to look up to his towering figure. Because he was blessed with such a height, he became a model. And you would always envy the girls he had to work with. Those girls were tall. They were pretty and tall. And you were just plain Thumbelina.

That’s why you’ve decided to wear heels today. You’ll surprise Chanyeol for your date. Just you wait, oppa. I won’t be Thumbelina anymore!

You let out a loud laugh to let him know that you were fine. “I’m sure! Just wait there, I’m coming downstairs.” You walked towards your dresser to grab your purse, this time you were more careful with each step. But you fell again with a loud thud. “Argh! Why is this happening to me?!” You grabbed your stilettos, removed them and threw them frustratingly at a corner. “Jagiya?! _____, are you-” Chanyeol appeared by your door and saw you sob as you embraced your knees. “Why are you on the floor? What’s wrong, jagiya?” He kneeled beside you and touched your shoulder. “Thumbelina?”

You slapped his hand away. “Don’t call me that! I hate you, you giant!” Chanyeol backed away surprised. He saw a pair of stilettos and sighed. “Jagi, were you trying to wear those heels?” You sobbed, “Yes, I was! I know you’ll say I’m not fit to wear those and-” “You’re right. You don’t fit into those…” His words made you cry louder. “Oppa, you’re so mean! It’s no use for a small person like me to wear heels, right? It won’t make any difference, I’ll always be short.” “You’ll always be short, _____. And I love you.” You turned and saw him with a bright smile. “Really? Even if I’m short? Even if I don’t know how to wear heels?”

He kissed your forehead, “Yes. Yes. And yes. I love you, _____. You’re the only Thumbelina for me.” You smiled and kissed him back on the cheek, “Thanks, Chanyeol-oppa. I won’t be needing those stilettos anymore.” You stood up and took out a pair of cute white flats. Your boyfriend gave you a tight backhug. “How about me, _____... Do you love me? Even if I’m tall? Even if others see me as a creepy giant?”

A smile formed on your lips as you gazed at him.

“Yes. Yes. And yes. I love you, Chanyeol-oppa. You’re the only giant for me.”