Chen (I'm Serious)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chen (I’m Serious)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Uh, yoboseyo?” He answered your call drowsily.

“Chen-oppa! Do you know what today is?”

Chen yawned as he looked at his phone and placed it back to his ear. “It’s April 1, jagiya. April 1, and exactly two in the morning.”

“I’m not talking about the date!” You groaned on the other line. “Do you know what today is?”

“Of course I do! It’s a Sunday and exactly two in the morning.” His melodic voice reminded you again as he stifled a yawn.

“Hmph! Cut it out, oppa.” You were close to tears. “You really don’t know what today is?”

There was silence on the other line. A few seconds later, you heard him slap his forehead. “Aigoo! Mianhe, my adorable little jagi. I almost forgot to greet you!”

You laughed at how cute your boyfriend could be. “It’s okay, oppa. No one has greeted me yet. And I want you to be the first one to say it.” You smiled triumphantly as you sat on your bed. Of course he would remember that it’s your birthday…

“Happy April Fool’s Day, _____! Did you call so we can discuss how we’ll prank the others today?”

What?! You grinded your teeth as you held the phone tightly, “Hmph! Oppa! Why can’t you be serious for once?!”

“I am serious!”

“No, you’re not! You always take everything as a joke…”

“No, jagi! I am serious! I’m seriously thinking what pranks we can do! Original ones!”

That.

Was.

The.

Last.

Straw!

“You’re so hateful, Chen! I don’t think we should see each other anymore!”

“What are you saying, jagi?! That’s not even funny.”

“See?! You take everything as a joke!” Your cute squeaky voice made Chen smile; it was cute to hear his girlfriend like that. And as if you could see him, you scowled. “I bet you’re not even putting on a straight face right now! That’s it, Chen! I’m leaving you!” “Wait, _____! It’s not eve--!” You hanged up before he could finish and curled on the bed. After what seemed like forever, you heard a thud on your window.

“Jagi! Please let me in! We have to talk, please!” Chen was panting and catching his breath as more rocks were thrown on your window. “Stop it, you camel!” You yelled and looked down at him. His hair was a mess, he still wore his pajamas over a jacket and he only had slippers on. “We’re over! Didn’t you hear me say it? Or do you want me to text it to you?” You said spitefully.

“No, we’re not! Let’s talk, _____. Please!” He clutched the tree beside your wall as he pulled himself up, climbing all the way up to the third floor.

“Are you crazy?! Go away or I’ll call the police!” But before you could close the window, he managed to jump inside your room.

“Ya! What are you doing?!” He held you in a tight embrace, so tight you could hardly breathe. You hurled your fists on his chest. “S-stop it, Chen! You’re suffocating me!”

You felt warm tears on your shoulder, “C-Chen?”

“Jagi, p-please… Don’t leave me. I can’t bear it.”

“But Chen…” You pulled away to see his face but he hugged you closer.

“No, please just listen! Don’t, _____. Don’t leave. I’m seriously in love with you.”

Your hands caressed his back. “Chen, I’m sorry but-”

“I’m serious! You can slap me, punch me or even kill me. Just please don’t leave me! I only joke around because I want to see you smile and laugh everyday. I didn’t forget, _____! Happy birthday, I love you so much!” He got something from his jacket and you saw his eyes were swollen from crying. A shiny object dangled from his hands and he placed it around your neck. “Happy birthday, jagiya. And I’m very serious.”

“HAHAHAHA!” Your laughter invaded your room. “Oppa, you should have seen your face!”

Chen blinked in astonishment. “I was only joking but the outcome was better than expected. Oppa, Happy April Fools! Hahaha!”

Chen laughed through his tears, “Why, you! Jagi, you’re such a prankster!” “Of course, I learned from the best, oppa! Hahaha!” He tackled you on your bed and hugged you tight.

“But your my adorable little prankster. Happy birthday again, _____. I love you.”