Baekhyun (Copycat)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun (Copycat)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lunch is ready! _____, will you please fetch him from the garden?”

You nodded to your mother and walked out of the door. You heaved a sigh as you entered the garden at the back of your house. It was a quiet and cloudy Saturday noon. Saturday was ‘family friend day’. This means friends of your parents would come over to share a simple meal. This also means that the son of your parents’ friends would come over. The son’s name is Baekhyun, he’s the same age as you. He was a bubbly person with a cute smile and your parents like him. He could be your friend (in fact you had a secret crush on him) but he has this very annoying habit that you couldn’t stand. Every Saturday he always annoys me. He’s such a jerk!

And as if reading your thoughts, Baekhyun appeared in front of you sitting on a bench.

“Mom says lunch is ready.”

Sigh… Here we go again…

“Very funny, Baek. Let’s go.”

You flinched in annoyance. He must have noticed it because a smile appeared on his face.

“Wipe that smug expression off your face.”

You closed your eyes and clenched your fists. If he wasn’t a family friend, I’d punch him so hard his eyeliner would cover his whole face! You heard him laugh and saw him hug his stomach.

“What’s so funny, Baek?”

He stopped laughing, breathed deeply and smiled. “What’s so funny, Baek?”

“Aish! Stop copying me, will you?” You said in exasperation.

He mimicked your frustrated state. “Aish! Stop copying me, will you?”

You relaxed and folded your hands in front of your baby blue dress. He looked at you anxiously, like he was awaiting your next move. So you think you’re such a wise guy, huh? Let’s see you copy this then! You smirked mentally and gave him a pretty smile.

“Hey, Baekhyun. I love you.”

Two minutes passed and he still didn’t say anything. He sat there on the bench with his head down. Aha! I caught you by surprise, Baekhyun! Hahahaha! You twirled around to go back to the house, feeling pretty proud of yourself.

“Hey, _____. I love you, too.”

You stopped dead on your tracks and looked back to see Baekhyun’s flushed face inching towards yours. He gave you a quick kiss on the lips and ran towards the house. You froze on the spot. You felt your face turn red, just like Baekhyun’s.

“_____! What I said just now,” You heard him yell as he opened the door. “I wasn’t copying you!”