Chapter 1 - The Jerk

Liam Hemsworth- Nolan

Grant Manor

Nolan's POV

U

gh, I need a vacation. When I get in the office today, I need to schedule some time off. Thank goodness it is Friday.

Running a multi-million dollar men's fashion company is hard. Well, sales are close to a billion dollars. At the tender age of 22 after graduating college, my parents passed down the company to me. And, being a youngster in this game is even harder. It has been 3 years since taking over the company and everything has been running smoothly. My parents are still a part of the company but cut back on their workload. I never thought I would see the day where I would be in charge of my parents.

"You are going to be late for your meeting, Mr. Grant. I need your signature on these documents, Mr. Grant. Mr. Grant, your press conference is about to start. Mr. Grant? Mr. Grant?" That is all I hear all day, every day.

But, that comes with the territory in order to be successful.

One thing, however, I have quite a reputation for being known as a 'player.' I cannot help it if women find me irresistible. Women adore me and men hate me. Meh, not my problem. I have had my fair share of women and it does not matter their race either. I am an equal, opportunity player. All women, regardless of their skin color, are beautiful and sexy in my eyes. I have had mothers approach me about dating their daughters. Some have even asked me out on dates. I do have my standards though. I only go out with women 5 years younger than me or women 10 years older than me. I will not date someone old enough to be my mother.

Sometimes at press conferences, I get asked, "So, who is your new lady this week, and did you sleep with her?"

My mother always tells me, "You need to stop all this mess, playing with these women's hearts." But, my father says, "Honey, leave him alone. He is just sowing his oats."

"Yeah, well if he keeps sowing his oats, he is going to have a child with some girl he does not love, and we are going to be grandparents."

That is one thing I am not interested in having yet - children. So, I make sure I am careful and protect myself.

One day, I would like to settle down and find that special someone eventually. None of the women that I have been with are to be considered 'marriage material.' They all seem to be after one of two things - money and power. Or, sometimes both things. Well, guess what? I am after something too - having 'fun.' Being a bachelor is all I care about at the moment. I love all the attention that comes with being powerful and the boss.

"Time to get ready for the day." I got up off the bed and went to take my shower. I take my time getting ready, so my showers last for about 30 minutes. After showering, I got out, brushed my teeth, and put on my cologne. Then, I went to my closet to start getting dressed. Today, I have several meetings, so I will wear one of my suits. I picked out my navy blue Giorgio Armani pinstriped suit with a white dress shirt and loafers. After getting dressed, I made my way to my massive-sized kitchen that I hardly use. I cannot cook worth squat. "I have to hire a personal chef to keep me fit." Oh another thing about me is I love to work out in my home gym. Got to keep my muscles up for the ladies. I may be rich and powerful, but unlike others, I have 2 vehicles - an Escalade and a Range Rover. I drive myself to work. So, today, I drove the Escalade to work.