Chapter 29 - Baby Arrivals Part 2

Nolan's POV

"You heard right. This little one that I am holding is my daughter, Lily Diamond Grant. You all can crack jokes about me all you want. And, you know what? I really don't care. You told me to leave you alone, so that is what I am going to do. Have a good day."

Suddenly, I felt my legs being tapped.

"Can I see the baby?"

I looked down to see a little girl that looked just like Layla.

I looked over in their direction.

"She likes babies. If it is okay with you, it is okay with me. I am Braelyn's father, Austin. We will catch up with you all in the waiting room."

"It's okay. Thank you. Let's go have a seat. I guess we can go in the waiting room."

The three of us walked in the waiting room and sat down.

"She is a pretty baby. What's her name?" Layla's daughter curiously asked.

"Her name is Lily. Her mommy named her after a very beautiful flower."

"My name is Braelyn."

"That is a pretty name."

"Thank you."

"WAAH!"

"Well, time to feed Lily. It was nice to meet you, Braelyn and Austin. Before I go, I sincerely want to apologize to you and your daughter. I will apologize to Layla also. I really am sorry about my actions in the past with bringing different women in my house. It is sad that it took this long to change. I always knew that I needed to change but didn't. Now that I have a daughter, I don't want her to be treated like I treated women. I need to apologize to Ryan's friend that just walked in the door too."

"Apology accepted, Nolan. Women deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. I'm not going into detail about what happened, but I didn't give Layla the respect she deserved when we dated. But last year, she gave me a chance to not only be there for Braelyn, but for us to become friends. It was hard at first, but I know where I stand with Layla. I'll talk to both ladies and let them know that you want to apologize. But, it will be up to Layla and Bliss to hear you out."

"I understand. Thanks." Then, I got up and took Lily back to Jewel's room.

Bliss' POV

"Hi, everyone. Kam and the kids are right behind us. We came to the hospital together. Was that who I thought it was with a baby girl?"

"Hi, Auntie!" Braelyn ran over, and I picked her up and gave her a big kiss.

"Hey, Lollipop! How are you? And how is mommy?"

"Hey, Braelyn. No hug for Uncle Shane?"

"Hi, Uncle Shane!" Braelyn then got down and went to Shane. He picked her up and gave her a big hug.

"Hi, Austin. How's Layla?"

"She is probably resting now. Layla's parents are with her now. Here me out on what I am about to ask. Nolan says he wants to apologize to you and Layla for his actions. I told him I would tell both you and Layla, but it would be up to you both to listen to his apology. He understood."

"Him having a daughter seems to really have changed him. I believe in second chances, so I am willing to hear him out. Shane will be with me, of course."

Kam's POV

"Hi everyone. We stopped at the gift shop because the twins wanted to get a gift for Logan. Everyone, this is my bodyguard, Jake. Jake, these are my friends - Bliss, Shane, Austin, Braelyn is Layla's daughter, Ryan is Logan's daddy, Andrea, Julian, and Mason."