Chapter 8 - Say What?!

Nolan's POV

"Okay, so if we launch the women's attire, how would we accomplish this?"

My dad then says, " We would accomplish it through a merger."

"Did I hear you correctly? Through a what?!!"

"You both are saying you want us to merge with another company just to add women's attire?"

"That's right. You see the surveys and data right in front of you."

"Why would we do that? We are already successful with just menswear. It would be a waste."

My mother said, "And, how would you know? About a month ago, I went in the Manhattan location as a secret shopper. Nolan, there were more women shopping than men. And, women spend more. After that experience, I had secret shoppers at all of the other locations do the same thing. And, they reported back with the same results."

"Which was?" 

"Females shopped more in each location than men. For once Nolan, stop thinking with what is in your pants and use your brain. Your father and I think it is a great idea."

"Okay, another question. Who would we be merging with?"

"We have a business in mind. I do a lot of shopping there myself. She is very successful and creates most of her own designs. Her mother and I are actually great friends. She is going to discuss it with her daughter. It is not going to happen immediately. But, we wanted to get your thoughts."

"You guys have never let me down, so I will consider it."

"That's all we ask, Nolan."

*******************************

The rest of the work day went smooth. I didn't have any meetings today. I did check the sales reports for each location, which I receive on Mondays. "Everything is running smoothly."

It is quarterly bonus time, so I called Ms. Williams into my office. "Can you get me the quarterly sales report so that I can work on the bonuses for this quarter?"

"Yes, Mr. Grant."

"Thank you. That will be all." After that, she left the office. I walked over to the window and saw that Blake chick trying to get in my building.

"This chick needs to get the hint that I am a one and done guy." I don't have 'fun' with the same woman twice. Otherwise, it wouldn't be 'fun'. Security took care of her. Thank goodness.

Later that day.

Even though the day was smooth, I still felt like something was missing and I know just what it was. I went to my favorite spot for a drink.

"Hey, Nolan. What can I get for you?"

"A Stinger, straight up."

"Coming right up."

I scanned the bar to see who would be the 'fun' for tonight. I saw this nice, piece of chocolate that I wanted - very curvaceous, sexy, and totally hot. "She will be it for tonight." When I glanced over at her, she noticed that I was checking her out and started blushing. "I guess I have that effect on women."

I am an equal, opportunity type of guy. I don't believe in discrimination. That is one thing I am proud of. I have a very diverse group of employees, friends and even women that are my 'fun.' I do not tolerate discrimination at my place of business. If it surfaces, I handle it myself. It is grounds for immediate firing.

Rick, the bartender came back with my drink. "Here you go, Nolan."

After finishing my drink, I glanced over to see that she was gone. "Dang."