Chapter 11 - European Invasion Part 3

Ryan's POV

"See, Layla, you have so many people behind you that want to see you become successful in Europe."

Then, I heard a voice I thought I would never hear again.

"Ryan Meyers, is that you? I thought I would never see you again."

"Un-freaking believable." Is the words that come to mind. "Of all places to see her again."

"What do you want, Mikayla? I know what my name is. So, I need you to forget it like you have done the past three years."

Layla looked at me and asked, "Is she the -?" I cut her off. "Yes, she is the one who broke my heart."

Layla then turned around and glared at Mikayla. And, Mikayla looked at Layla.

"And, who is that that you are all hugged up on? Hmm, at least she is pretty." She said with a smirk on her face. I could feel Layla squirming from my hold to pounce on Mikayla. But I tightened my grip on her. I gave Layla a kiss and told her, " Listen to me baby, don't let her get to you. She is trying her best to get under your skin. She will always be my past because you are my future. Mikayla broke my heart, but you healed it. Let's enjoy the rest of the night."

"Oh, hey Marco. Sorry about the photoshoot."

The look on his face explains a lot. She was the one who cancelled at the last minute.

"You actually did me a favor. Now I don't have to work with your stuck-up, rude, and demanding self. Layla here is going to do the shoot with me. And, she will do 10 times better than you. She is nothing like you."

"You are right about one thing. She is-."

I have had enough of this. "Mikayla, if you finish that sentence, Layla's friends here are looking like they want to kill your butt. Now, please leave us alone!!"

Marco then adds, "You heard the man. Now scram."

She starts laughing, "She isn't even a model. Good luck with your shoot."

Marco's fiancé had enough too. "You have 5 seconds to go or I will kick your butt. You heard my fiancé and Layla's boyfriend. Scram chick!!"

"Whatever." And she walked away.

"I hear nobody wants to really work with her. She is nasty, rude, demanding and treats people like they are slaves. I didn't believe it until I saw it one day on my way to a different photoshoot. My agent scheduled her for the shoot. I never would have approved of working with her if I knew it was her. Don't worry, Layla. You will be fine."

"I'm not worried about her. But, if she tries anything, I'm going to punch her in the mouth."

"That's my girl!" Fast music was now playing. "Let's go dance." Layla and I got up to dance.

Nolan's POV

Looks like I found my 'fun' for tonight. Drink in my hand and this chick grinding on me. "Hey!!!" Someone bumps into me and my drink spills all over me.

"Oh, I am so sor-."

"What the heck?!! Watch where you are dancing!!!" I turned around to see it was Layla, again.

"I said I was sorry!!"

"What's your problem, Layla? You just can't seem to stop bumping into me and spilling my drink!!"

"First off, it was an accident!! Second of all, you bumped into me the first time. Get over yourself, Nolan!!!"

"Watch who you are talking to, Nolan!! Layla is a lady!! Not one of those tramps you sleep with."