Chapter 19 - He Is Okay

Ryan's POV

Later, I was awakened by a scream. I ran into our room and saw Layla crying. "He has my phone number." She tossed me her phone. This message had me fuming!

"I hear Braelyn's father is in the hospital. I can take care of Braelyn and she will be in good hands. Braelyn is a very pretty girl. You need to watch her carefully before she goes missing."

After reading the text message he sent to Layla, I went over to the bed and laid down. Then, Layla scooted over and laid down on top of me. "We have to get you a new number. And, we can postpone our honeymoon for another time. Right now, my priority is to keep you and Braelyn safe. Try to get some sleep, Layla." She nodded her head in agreement. I felt her tears  on my chest that she started shedding. "I will never let that piece of crap put a finger tip on you or Braelyn, okay?"

"Okay."

After a while, we both fell asleep.

Later Tuesday morning

I woke up and looked at the clock in the room. It was 12:30 pm. Layla was still sleep on top of me. It is safe to say we will have to postpone our honeymoon until later. Braelyn and Layla's safety is more important to me. So, we will use the rest of our time here together, as a family - Braelyn, Layla and myself. Last night was the first time that we had a disagreement. It felt awful, but I know that no marriage is perfect. We probably will have more disagreements. The most important thing is that we make up and don't go to sleep mad at each other. Sadly, that is what happened last night. When Layla wakes up, I am going to apologize to her because it was my fault in the first place.

"Ding dong!"

"Ding dong!"

I tried to move, but Layla won't let me get up. "Layla, honey can you scoot off of me so I can answer the door?"

She mumbled, "No! You are so comfy and I like this position. They can wait or come back later."

Then, I heard Layla's phone going off. It was on the other side of the bed, so I grabbed it. It was a text message from Kam.

*****************************

Kam - "Hey Layla, just wanted to let you know that we have arrived in Jamaica. You must be sleep or busy, so we will come back later."

Ryan - "Kam, this is Ryan. Layla is knocked out, laying on top of me. Sorry I couldn't answer the door."

Kam - "That's okay. Let Layla get some rest. Braelyn said to tell you both hello. Talk to you later."

*****************************

We stayed this way for several more hours. I started twirling Layla's hair around my fingers and caressing her cheeks. The next time I looked at the clock it was close to five o'clock. My stomach started rumbling, so I needed to wake Layla up so I can order room service. I tried several times calling her name.

'Layla, honey we need to both eat something." Nothing.

I tried again, but nothing. "Goodness, she is a heavy sleeper."

So, I tried another approach. I slowly moved both my hands down to her butt, which was calling out to me to touch. And, then I squeezed it.

"Hey!! What was that for?"

"One, you are a heavy sleeper. Two, we really need to get up so we can eat. Three, Braelyn, Kam and Cris are here. But, before we get up, I really need to apologize to you. I am so sorry for leaving you yesterday. You are right - that was the time to talk, not leave. It was unacceptable and I took it out on you. Please forgive me, Layla?"