Chapter 40 - The Miami Move

Layla's POV

Layla's POV

Friday, May 14th, 2021

Hubby and Logan went to Florida for the week to take the signed paperwork to the real estate agent on the house that we wanted. Yes! They are staying with Bliss and Shane, who just came back the previous week from their honeymoon. He took Bliss to Tahiti, Brazil, Italy, and Paris for four weeks.

Nattie is with grandma Valerie this weekend. I thanked her for watching Natasha.

Hubby is also staying down there so we can start buying furniture. I just finished a meeting with Darlene, Jamala, and Alicia. With sales soaring through the roof, they suggested that I look for a private jet. Yes, they soared that high. So, when I fly down to Florida, Shane, Cris, and Marco are going to help me. I'm excited.

I also found a designer for a male clothing line and we signed contracts for his line to be sold in my stores. I will need to get bigger space for each location, except Milan. And, I might as well start looking for accessory lines as well.

I'm on my way to pick up Braelyn from school. Then we are heading to the airport. My mom is meeting us at the school. That way when we get to the airport, she will drive my Escalade.

I really am excited to make the move to Miami. And, when I find building space, my girls are moving with me too. Tone has family in Miami, so that will be awesome for him and Alicia. Darlene and Jamala have not found their boo yet.

I parked right in front of Braelyn's school, then went in to get her. The school bell just rang, so the kids are coming out of their classes. I told Braelyn to wait for me in her classroom.

"Mommy!" She ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"Ready to go visit Día and Rocco?"

"Yes, mommy." Braelyn went to say goodbye to her teacher, grabbed her backpack, and we left the classroom.

My dad parked right behind me and was standing in front of his truck.

"Mommy, there's grandma and grandpa." As soon as we reached the truck, Braelyn ran to give my parents a hug.

"Hey, Lollipop. How's my girl doing?" My dad asked her.

"I'm fine, grandpa. Going to Florida with mommy."

"You are? Have fun and give Logan a kiss for me grandma."

"Okay, grandma."

"Thanks for coming."

"You're welcome, Layla. Let's get going."

Braelyn sat in her seat, and I buckled her up. Then, my mom and I sat in the front. I pulled off first and my dad followed. We are on our way to Florida.

***************************************

Narrator's POV