Chapter 27 - Surprise

A/N: While Layla and Ryan are on their honeymoon, this chapter will focus on Austin and Braelyn's relationship. As well as Nolan's issues that he will soon face.

Father/daughter dance song for Braelyn and Austin - Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

Austin's POV

I noticed Braelyn started getting sleepy and she may be a little sore after what happened. I am still angry about that. Julia is going to pay for hurting my baby girl. "Braelyn is getting sleepy, so I am going to say goodnight to everyone. And, thanks again Bliss and Shane for taking care of my baby girl."

"You're welcome, Austin. I would do anything for Braelyn." Bliss came over and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Good night, sweetie. Shane and I will walk with you to your truck."

"Thanks." I carried Braelyn in my arms and she laid her head on my shoulder. Then, we all walked to my Suburban. I wasn't parked too far, so it was a short walk.

Once we reached the truck, I put Braelyn in her car seat in the back. Then, I made my way to the driver's side. "Thanks again and you both have a good night."

"Good night, Austin."

They waited until I pulled out of the parking space to go back to the reception. I am looking forward to the next three weeks that I get to spend with Braelyn. 

************************************

Once I finally reached my house in Brooklyn, it was after one o'clock in the morning. I peaked in the back and Braelyn was knocked out. So, I got out of the driver's side to get Braelyn from the passenger side back seat. After slowly getting her out into my arms, I closed the door, and pressed the alarm button to lock the doors.

Then, I made my way inside. Braelyn has clothes here already, so I carried her upstairs and put her pajamas on. Afterwards, I made my way to my bedroom and crashed on the bed.

**************************************

Sunday, April 7th, 2019

I turned to see what time it was. The alarm clock said 9:00 am. I got up to check on my baby girl. She was up, but I saw a sad look on her face.

"Good morning, baby girl. What's wrong, princess?" I also noticed she was holding her arm.

"My arm hurts, daddy."

I am still pissed that Julia shoved Braelyn for accidentally bumping in to her! I wish I knew how she was before dating her. She always put on an act when around Braelyn. I want her behind bars forever.

"Come to daddy, princess. What would you like for breakfast?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I carried Braelyn downstairs.

"Cereal, daddy."

"Okay. One bowl of cereal coming up. After you finish eating, I'll give you some medicine for your arm." I am going to call Braelyn's doctor tomorrow morning to see when I can bring her in. As a parent, it hurts seeing your child hurt. I grabbed a bowl of cereal for myself.

"How about we watch movies today, just you and me?"

"Okay, daddy." After eating our cereal, I gave Braelyn a dose of children's Tylenol. Then, we made our way to watch movies in the living room.