Chapter 21 - Baby #2 On The Way

Ryan's POV

For the next two days, it was Braelyn, Sean, and I at the house. Layla was due to come home on Friday afternoon. So, I told her I would pick Braelyn up from school, then pick her up from the hospital. I made phone calls to everyone for our announcement on Saturday. Braelyn lost another tooth and she said it didn't hurt. Wait until Layla sees that. And, when she comes home Friday, Cris, Kam, Marco, Noeli and the twins will be here. They still don't know that Layla is pregnant.

Friday afternoon

"Braelyn, before we go pick up mommy, what would you like for lunch?"

"McDonald's nuggets."

"McDonald's it is." I enjoy little moments like this where Braelyn and I spend time together. Sean came with us too.

"How was kindergarten today?"

"It was fun. I made mommy a card. See."

She pulled out a card from her Princess Tiana backpack. "It's pretty. Mommy is going to love it."

I saw trouble coming our way. "Sean, don't turn around but there are some thirsty women coming this way." Of course she tries to talk to Braelyn first to get to me.

"Aww, your daughter is so cute. What is your name cutie?"

Braelyn looked at me. I shook my head to tell her it is not okay.

"My mommy, daddy, Ryan, Sean, and my Uncle Cris told me not to talk to strangers." The look on Braelyn's face was classic! Braelyn scrunched up her face and said, "You are a stranger lady!"

She was about to say something smart to Braelyn, but I cut her off. "Lady, please stop and leave my daughter alone! I know what you are trying to do - talk to my daughter first, then talk to me. I am happily married and I am not interested in you or any of your friends. And plus, you were about to insult my daughter, so why would I talk to you?! So, can you please find someone else? Stop trying to use people's kids to get a man!! And, don't bother my friend either. Goodbye." Braelyn waved her hand.

She stormed off with her friends. We got a round of applause from other patrons near our table. I gave Braelyn a high-five.

"That's my girl. We make a great team. Lollipop, would you like a chocolate milkshake before we leave?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I'll get it Ryan." Sean went to get Braelyn a milkshake. Once he came back, Braelyn told him, "Thank you, Sean."

"You're welcome." Then, we left McDonald's to go pickup Layla.

20 minutes later.

As soon as we pulled up in the hospital parking lot, we saw the media staked out in front.

"Braelyn princess, do you have your sunglasses?"

"Yes, Ryan."

"Put your glasses on. I am going to carry you inside."

We parked Layla's Escalade in the closest spot we could find near the front door as we could. Braelyn took off her seat belt, put on her sunglasses, got out of the truck, and let me pick her up. "Keep your head down on my shoulder, okay?"

"Okay." Then, we made our way inside. Surprisingly, they didn't say anything. But, when we leave, it will be a different story. Once inside, we made our way to Layla's room.

She must have been in the bathroom because I hear her puking.

Layla's POV