Chapter 38 - Proposal Time

Videos for this chapter:

'I Gotta Be' by Jagged Edge

'Let's Get Married' by Jagged Edge

Wednesday, March 24th, 2021

Layla's POV

"Nolan, you are going to pay for this!! I hate your guts!! You never changed. Always thinking about yourself!!"

Ryan and Shane both punched Nolan in the face!!

"That means he would have taken ownership over both of our businesses, Layla."

"Where is that dang contract?!" Shane screamed at him. Ryan snatched Nolan's case and grabbed the contract.

Shane pulled out his phone. "Hello, Hermione, can you and Jacob come to The Vine? We have a situation here and need your help. Also, call the media and tell them we will have breaking news once you confirm it."

"Have you no shame?! All that I have worked for and built up was almost taken from me. And, Bliss' makeup business would have been taken from her!!! She has worked hard to build her brand too! You obviously don't care about Jewel or Lily." I slapped him hard.

Speaking of, she just walked in with Lily. And, she saw me standing confrontational in front of Nolan.

"Hey, Layla, why does everyone look angry? You must be Bliss. It is so nice to meet you. I'm Jewel, and this is my daughter Lily. I love your makeup and the colors are very different and amazing."

"Thank you, Jewel, for your support. Hi, Lily. She's adorable."

Lily waved back to Bliss, and even let Bliss hold her.

"The reason why we are angry is that your pathetic excuse of a boyfriend changed the contract. Nolan changed it so that he would take ownership of my company. And, now that Bliss has her makeup in each location, he would have taken her company too!!"

Jewel was pissed! She walked over to Nolan.

"Nolan is this true?! Why would you do that?! Whatever answer you have is already ridiculous! Layla and Bliss worked hard for their businesses!"

"Yes, it's true. I was going to keep them as the bosses. Grant's would have been the owners."

Bliss covered Lily's face because she knew what Jewel was about to do.

Jewel slapped Nolan so hard it hurt her hands.

"I will not keep Lily from you, but as far as us getting married or staying together, that is over. This is sickening, Nolan. You probably would have done the same thing to my bakery. You really haven't changed at all. And, you are going to be the one to tell Lily why you and I are not together. I'm moving us back to Yonkers."