Chapter 12 - She said?

At the photo shoot

Ryan's POV

"Ryan, what are you doing there?"

"Layla, turn around for a minute?" She did and she was shocked.

"Hi, mommy!" Braelyn waved to her. She figured out what was about to happen.

When she turned back around, she had tears in her eyes. I had one knee in the sand and opened the ring box that I had for her.

"Layla, I wanted our family and friends to share this moment with us. I finally found out what true love is when I fell in love with you. I am so glad that you and I met at that party. When you told me you wasn't looking to date, I was willing wait. Thank you for the chance to make you happy. I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you and Braelyn."

Austin must have whispered something to Braelyn because she came running over and grabbed Layla's hand.

"Layla Danielle Jordan, will you marry me and be mine forever?"

Layla's POV

To have my baby girl by my side for Ryan's proposal is special. Then, to see our family and friends here is even more special.

"How did you plan this?"

  "I already had planned to propose but didn't know how. I did not want to take you to a restaurant. I wanted to be different. So, when you left to go to the restroom at the reception, I told everyone that I was going to propose. Marco suggested I propose at the photoshoot."  

The photographer apologized. "Mrs. Layla, I sincerely apologize for calling you honey and asking you to kiss Marco."

"Marco and I planned it that way. We had him do that to distract you. While you were arguing, Marco and I switched places. The last set of pictures will be of us. So Layla, will you marry me and become Mrs. Meyers?"

Ryan began to stand up and await my answer.

"Yes, I will marry you, 'Sugar Hot Lips.'" He then placed the beautiful engagement ring on my finger. Without hesitation, I jumped in his arms and mugged his mouth with mine. We made out right there, but we heard 'ewww' from Braelyn, Día and Rocco. And, the clearing of multiple throats.

"Sorry, I got carried away." He put me down and I wiped the lipstick off his lips. "Can we continue with the photoshoot? The chill from the ocean is making me chilly."

"Layla and Ryan, now do your sexy pose." Then,  my dad says, "Not too sexy. Remember, kids are here."

He stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, then nuzzled his face on my left shoulder. He started planting kisses on me and the photographer snapped several pictures. He whispered, "When you walked out of that trailer with your swimsuit on, 'Jr' was happy to see you."

"'Jr' will have his day at the temple soon, sugar."

"Don't tempt me to carry you to that trailer."

The photographer says, "One more shot and we are done."

So then I whispered, "Let's give them one to remember." I wrapped my arms around his neck and started pulling him down with me on the sand. I could hear my father call Braelyn over to cover her eyes. I'm guessing Kam or Cris did the same thing with their kids.

I still had my arms wrapped around Ryan's neck. He did push-ups while we were kissing and the photographer snapped the pictures.

He then said, "That's a wrap for the photoshoot." But, we didn't stop. I didn't want to stop. I didn't care who was looking either.