Chapter 31 - Merger Possibility?

Monday, November 13th, 2019

Layla's POV

Talk about drama! When we landed back in New York from our trip to Milan, Shane did not pick up Bliss from the airport. Mason and Andrea came to pick her up. Once we settled down in our house, Ryan went with Bliss to pick up her cats.

Ryan told me Shane was laying down on the couch, watching movies instead of picking up Bliss. And he was a total jerk about it too.

From that day on and through September, Shane basically ignored Bliss. She had her first ever photoshoot the third week of September, and guess what? Shane did not show! Ryan and Julian drove to Shane's house and he pretended to not remember it!

Then, Shane totally lost his mind when Bliss went into work on Monday. He fired Bliss and broke off the engagement, snatching her ring off her finger! Shane also called the media to his company to further humiliate Bliss! Needless to say, nobody likes him. But, it is the same question everyone is asking, 'Why did Shane suddenly fire Bliss and break off the engagement?'

I also set up a meeting to talk with Mrs. Grant about the merger possibility of our businesses. That meeting is scheduled for the middle of November.

We did get some exciting news - Marco, Bliss, and I will be modeling in the Sapphire Couture Spring Fashion Show in December. I can't wait to be in a fashion show with my friends.

Oh my gosh, while in Barbados, Bliss and Andrea watched their grandmother pass away. So, we all traveled to Barbados for a week to support Bliss, Julian, Andrea, and Jessica. Then, more drama ensued.

We saw Shane sitting at a cafe with that witch, Mikayla! He said he didn't know she was there, but I don't know whether to believe it or not.

But also during that time, Austin and Bliss started dating. She was worried about how I felt. I told her to go for it. And, Braelyn loves Bliss so much.

Kam and I had a chat. We both wondered if Bliss was moving too fast. Don't get me wrong, Austin is a great guy. But Bliss and Shane, they were perfect for each other. I know she is still hurting because who can get over a called off engagement?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My desk phone snapped me out of my thoughts, so I answered it. "Layla, Ryan and Logan are here to see you." 

"Thanks, Mrs. Lewis. You can send them in." I buzzed the door open, and in walked my two, favorite boys.

"Hey, baby daddy, what's up?" I gave hubby a kiss, then picked up Logan out of his baby carrier

"Logan missed his mommy, so he wanted to come and visit her. What were you thinking about when we came in?"