Chapter 8 Part 2 - Club Night...gone horribly wrong

Chapter 8 Part 2 – Sam Heasley

I watched as Jessica allowed Jake and Eric to dance with her—and not the way I want them too; and the sad part about all of it was that Jessica seemed okay with it.

“Hey man,” Lucas nudged my shoulder a little, “What’s got you down?”

I rolled my eyes and huffed, “Eric and Jake are over there, all over Jessica and she doesn’t even seem to care.”

Lucas looked from me to Jessica; he seemed a little shocked at what he was seeing, but he just looked back to me, “Well, uh, that’s certainly not something I would see Jessica do every day but I’m not sure what to tell you dude.”

“Well,” I said harshly, “You’re no help.”

“Sorry, man,” he shrugged his shoulders, “My hands are tied—if she’s having fun, then there really isn’t much I can do.”

I huffed, “Yeah, I get it,” I turned around and faced him more; I looked quickly past his shoulder—oh crap.

“What’s wrong dude?” Lucas asked, confused. “You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.”

“Uh dude, I’m not so sure if you’re going to like what you see,” I shouted over the music.

“Why?” he asked, turning his head.

-Lucas Jensen’s POV-

I couldn’t even believe what I was seeing; of course—it was the Dance Team. They’d shown up for club night, being their slutty selves. Carissa was staring me down as she walked over towards me.

“Well, Lucas,” she crossed her arms, “Didn’t expect to see you here.”

“Carissa, you’re so gullible,” I rolled my eyes; “You knew that the band was going to be here today—so you decided to bring yourself and your team of sluts to crash the party.”

Carissa looked like she had just been slapped or something—cause obviously, she wasn’t happy about the statement she just received. Sam patted my back, letting me know that I did a good job, but I knew that the argument wasn’t over just yet.

Carissa put one hand on her hip and looked back, looking to see if the girls were still there—but they weren’t—‘cause they were all out on the dance floor.

Overhead, the speakers turned on So Sick by Ne-Yo; Carissa and I just looked at one another with two different looks. Mine was completely blank and she just looked—hurt? Confused?

I sighed heavily in defeat, “Fine—do you just want to dance?” I knew that I was going to regret my decision. I looked out to the dance floor; at a school event this song would’ve been a slow song. But everyone was still out on the dance floor doing what they’ve been doing since they got here. Carissa took my hand hesitantly and then led me onto the dance floor.

She began to dance before I had; since we were the only two people not doing what everyone else was doing, it was a little awkward; so without even a thought I took her hand and spun her into me, so that her back was to me—out of the corner of one eye, I could see Jessica just staring at me ever so often, and out of the corner of my other eye I could just see Sam, obviously confused about what was going on.

I just shrugged it all off and listened to the song and eventually began humming along:

Cause I'm so sick of love songs

So tired of tears

So done with wishing she was still here

Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow