Chapter 24 - "Man...you really are bipolar."

Chapter 24 – Jessica Montez

I watched as Nick just walked away from me; my knees were weak so I honestly had no strength to hoist myself up off of the ground…my arms finally gave out and all I remember was darkness bringing me into its embrace.

I was rustled awake by two arms raising me from the ground—I, literally, freaked out and fell out of the person’s arms.

“Oh my god,” the voice shrieked, “Jessica! Are you okay?”

Sam.

I rubbed my head as I looked up at him, “What are you doing here?”

“Question is…what are you doing here?” he asked, raising an eyebrow, “It’s freezing and you’re out here in an elbow shirt and shorts.”

I rolled my eyes, “Shut up.”

He laughed a little, yanking me from the ground; he wrapped an arm around me to keep me from falling on the ground again, “Are you okay?”

I sighed, shaking my head.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, pulling me onto his back, piggy backing me around Downtown.

I couldn’t resist laughing at how stupid we looked walking around randomly on this windy day, “Nick…he’s being impossible.”

Sam place me back down on the concrete again and gave me an odd look, “Jessica, I actually ran into him earlier—I told him not to give up on you.”

Sam told Nicholas O’Riley, not to give up on me—Jessica Montez—of all people; Nick hated me…it was pretty obvious, but I deserved it – all of it.

***Sam’s POV***

Jessica sat down on a nearby bench and put her head in her hands, “Sam…he left me there at the park…he told me that he didn’t want to see me.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Um, why?? I told him probably only ten minutes or so before I walked away that you needed him and not to give up on you; I know you love him Jessica,” I kneeled down next to her.

“How do you know that?” Jessica looked at me.

“Do you not remember the freaking thirty minute speech you gave me all about Nick??” I raised an eyebrow. You have to be kidding—she’s losing it.

“Sorry—yeah, I remember.” Oh thank god.

I put my hand up to her forehead, “Uh, what are you doing?” she asked, crossing her eyes to attempt to look at my hand.

“You don’t have a fever do you??” I asked, quickly.

“No I don’t have a fever,” she confirmed.

I wasn’t convinced, “Alright, let’s go.” I tugged her up from the bench.

“Where are we going?”

“You ask too many questions,” I admitted.

“Well, you worry too much,” she retorted.

I huffed, “All because I care…you want me to be like Nick and just leave you stranded?”

Jessica slipped out of my grasp and stopped walking; I had hurt her—usually Jessica never stopped for anything, unless it was something absolutely important.

“Jessica?” I turned…and she was gone—out of sight—just…gone.

Dammit. I thought to myself, kicking a rock out of my way.

***Jessica Montez’s POV***

I just kept running; I didn’t stop to breathe nothing—my lungs and throat were burning, my feet were hitting the pavement with all their might. Tears were running down my face and I had nowhere else to go and had nothing else to do…but run. I honestly didn’t even know where I was or what was in front of me until I ram smacked into something.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!” the male voice yelled.

I rubbed my forehead for the tenth time today and—

“J-Jessica? What the hell are you doing!?”

It was Nick—of course…Nick was the slowest walker I’ve ever seen in my life; and I was the fast track star in the district—well one of the fastest. I broke a few records from previous years if that means anything.

“I’m sorry…I didn’t know that was you,” I responded.

He sighed shoving his hands in his pockets, “I meant what are you doing? Why were you running?”

“Sam compared himself to you but asking me ‘you want me to be like Nick and leave you stranded?’ and then I started running,” I sighed, “Just like I always do.”

Nick just stood there and watched me gather myself up to my feet, “like you care anyways…see ya.”

“Wait…” Nick blurted out.

I raised an eyebrow before I tried to turn on my heel.

“Do you, um, want to walk with me?” he asked, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Man,” I retorted, laughing, “You really are bipolar.”

He laughed along with me, “Ditto to you.”

I rolled my eyes and we just walked, hand in hand, down the street towards his house.

Authors Note: yeah, i know, reallllyyy bad chapter...i know i know i know...my brain is fried right now though...be writing all day because i've had nothing to do :P !! I'll have at least one chapter up tomorrow hopefully. okay...bye