Chapter 8 Part 1 - Club Night ;D

Chapter 8 – Jessica Montez

It was about five thirty; Lindsey had shown up at Jessica’s apartment around four with a suitcase of make-up, three different cocktail dresses, and a dozen pairs of pumps.

“Okay, make-up’s done,” Lindsey declared, “Have you picked a dress?”

Lindsey Shaw was a very rich girl—which meant she bought designer clothing; these dresses were definitely designers; they were all pretty short (we’re talking like an inch or two above half way up the thigh), thank the lord that I was born with chicken legs.

I looked at the three dresses: One of them was very sparkly; the sleeves went down to the elbow, and it was black. There was a red, sparkly one—it only had one sleeve and went down to the wrists. And the last one was a strapless tube dress, which had silver sequence on the right side of the dress.

“Hmmm…” I stared at the three options and looked up at Lindsey, “I want to wear the one with both sleeves.”

“Sweet!” she exclaimed, “I have the perfect pair of pumps to go with that.”

As she ran into the other room, I slipped the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror; I looked like a completely different person.

Lindsey raced back in and stopped in the door way, “DAYUM GIRL!!” she yelled.

I laughed at her as she handed me the pumps; I definitely felt taller.

About an hour later we pulled up into the club and parked. I saw Lucas, Sam, Ben, Eric, and Jake all huddled in a group outside of Ben’s car.

“Dammit,” I cursed, “I’m really starting to re-think this whole club night, Lindsey.”

“Hell no,” she spat back, “I did your make-up for an hour—you’re getting into that club!”

I felt embarrassed to know that the five guys would be seeing me like this; I finally sighed, pushed the door open and linked arms with Lindsey. I could hear the heels clicking on the pavement as we walked around the car.

I could hear Eric’s familiar voice as he said, “Damn, I love club night.” Not even noticing we were there—thank god.

Jake looked quickly at me, then away, and then back at me—it seemed like his eyes were about to bulge out of his head.

Sam gave him a weird look and then slapped him lightly, “What the hell are you looking at?” Sam followed his gaze over to me and his jaw just hit the floor.

Eric also looked my way, “Damn,” he repeated, “See, I really do love club night.”

I rolled my eyes as Lindsey pranced over to a group of guys; I walked over to Lucas, Eric, Jake, Ben, and Sam, joining the little group of guys.

“Well,” Lucas stated, “Someone’s looking sexy tonight.”

I rolled my eyes, “Shut up—I’m still me.”

He laughed, “Sorry, you just look—damn.”

Jake and Eric hit Lucas at the same time on opposite arms.

“OW!” Lucas screamed, “What the hell was that for?”

Sam’s jaw was still open and I just laughed.

“Close your mouth, Sam,” I put one hand on my hip, “You’ll catch flies,” I winked at him and walked into the club.

I heard one of the guys whistle, but I couldn’t tell which one of them it was. The pounding music vibrated my body as I walked toward the crowded dance floor. I all of a sudden felt two pairs of arms slinking around me—Eric and Jake.

“You guys want to dance?” I smiled, deviously at the two boys.

The two boys looked at each other, took their arms back and agreed—Eric in front of me and Jake behind me—oh great.