chapter 19 - What the hell are you(edited)

"Kaden!" Rygilya Semtek shouted "Get up you wuss! Get up and fight!"

The damage to the surrounding area was massive. All around them, Knights and Vympiri clashed.

Rygilya didn't understand what happened. One moment his rival was fighting alongside him. The next he dropped to his knees, clutching his chest.

Rygilya looked over to the woman Vympiri as she landed beside her comrade. The dark-skinned Vympiri had questioned her, asking her why'd she kill her prize.

"She is only sleeping." She held up her arm, black mana surrounding it. "I didn't want our target getting in the way while we have fun killing the cattle."

Rygilya remembered her. She was the one Memphis made the deal with to attack Salonia almost a year ago. One of Dracula's Royal Guard.

She smirked at Rygilya. The Darkness Tamer smirked back. "I'm not the one who's gonna die here, leech scum."

Rygilya gathered black mana to conjure black lightning spears all around him.

The Vympiri were ready to attack. It looked as if he'd be fighting alone. He cursed those Knights and their inability to leave a comrades' side. That compassion would be what got them killed.

That lesson was one reason why he'd chosen the path of a Darkness Tamer.

A chill went down his spine. A strong gust of wind blew over the area and the Vympiri eyes grew wide. One of the male Vympiri took a step back as if he was frightened.

"Kaden?" One of the council lapdogs questioned.

Rygilya turned around. He saw just what he expected.

The miniature black dragon that his master had been trying to absorb.

Rygilya clenched his fist and his jaw. He could feel the sinister black mana rolling off him.

Rygilya didn't know how Kaden acquire this power. How suddenly he could wield black mana.

That didn't matter now. The only thing that mattered was getting Kezell before Memphis found him.

He started to get close to Kaden to tell him to stop standing around.

"Don't get close!" Aya cried out struggling against a group of mature Vympiri. She fought alongside the holy Knight to get the Knight who strangely resembled Kaden.

Suddenly Kaden moved. He was next to Rygilya in an instant.

He hadn't been this fast before.

Rygilya spiked the mana output half a second before the scorpion-like tail whipped into the side of his face, sending him flying through a stone.

The Darkness Tamer grunted in pain as he rubbed his jaw. If I had been a weakling that would've taken my jaw off.

He looked up in time to see the black dragon appear in front of the Vympiri. It spun rapidly, then kicked the woman Vympiri who blocked but was taken off her feet. The dark-skinned Vympiri tried to send a flaming fist his way but Kaden vanished then appeared behind him.

The leech tried to roundhouse kick but Kaden ducked then flicked his tail. The Vympiri tried to block but the tail spilt him in half. The Vympiri stared wide-eyed before each half peeled apart, hit the floor and spilled innards everywhere.

The dragon creature then let out an enraged roar. It was an blood-churning sound that sounded like a mix between a cry and a screech. Rygilya shivered once again.

The female Vympiri appeared behind him and jabbed her black mana encased arm through his chest.

The Vympiri was surprised that Kaden was still standing.