Chapter 21 - The Queen and her Knights(edited)

"Akio, get him out of here!" Commanded Kyanè before heading off into a fight she knew she could not win.

Akio and Monty moved out of the way as the shadowy copycats followed.

The clones engaged.

The first clone kicked but was smacked aside by the creature's heavy tail. The second clone dodged a tail strike then threw a punch but the thing's tail was too fast. It blocked the strike and a shockwave explode through the air upon impact, knocking over cars and shattering windows.

The beast flicked its tail once more and the second clone was knocked into the sky.

Kyanè herself joined in. She fainted and evaded the tail strikes but barely. She couldn't seem to find an opening in the monster's defense even though she was faster than sound.

Kyanè backed off, allowing the clones to take point. She then joined the fight once more. Each blow that was deflected by the creature's tail emitted a shockwave through the air.

Kyanè and the clones tried their hardest to land a strike, all the while the monster used its tail to defend itself and attack, it's arm still folded across its chest and Akio noticed that the creature hadn't been pushed from its spot atop the building.

The two clones turned into black spears after getting behind the monster. They then quickly jabbed through its tail, pinning it down to the building. The creature looked behind itself at the spears.

Kyanè appeared in front of it.

She jabbed her fiery sword towards the creature's chest with great swiftness.

"No way." Monty said in disbelief.

The creature caught the blade made of fire. The flames that seared his fingers formed smoke.

Kyanè's flames were as hot as lava. She could not control the temperature of her flames very well, hinting the use of her cylinder-like device the flames protruded from that served to condense the heat.

The creature pulled the sword, yanking Kyanè along with it before backhanding her. She went soaring down in front of Monty, creating a crater in the steel road.

The night skinned being grunted as it pulled his tail from the ground. He then flicked his tail towards them, sending the spears to impale the ground in front of Kyanè.

Suddenly multiple large explosions destroyed the building the Darkness Champion was standing on. Kyanè strained to use a barrier made of shadows to shield the three of them.

"Impressive human." The creature praised​. "It has been over six years since a mortal has wounded me in combat. However, if this is the extent of your abilities, you have no hope of defeating me. Survive today so that you may live to get stronger."

Kyanè got up as the dust cleared. She had a cut on her cheek, her right eye was closed as blood leaked over the lid. "Any chance of you going back to where you came from?" her tone was hopeful.

"I cannot. Not until we find our master or until we slaughter every human in your city."

"Then I'll fight you till my last breath!" Kyanè said holding up her blade. The spears turned back into humanoid form. "Get the hell out of here! Go search for any divine Knight!"

She then launched herself at the monster. The clones followed suit.

Akio's head whipped in Monty's direction. "Monty. We have to go. Now."

She watched the drakon yank an arrow out of his arm with a grunt.

"You are unable to fully utilize the life support skill." Akio warned as he pulled out a second arrow. "You'll bleed out."