Chapter 8

"Hey, why aren't you eating your pasta?" Calum asked, looking at my plate.

I just keep on glaring and staring at Ashton and Fleur the whole night. They were like talking and then laughing and then talking again and laughing. Ugh. They are so close to each other and Ash's arm were wrapped around hers. This is so not good. I repeat. This is so not good.

"Hey.. Judith?" Calum interrupted my madness as he tried to snap his finger in front of my grumpy-looking face.

I don't have the time to hate Calum right now so, I just tried my best to ignore him. Maybe if I did that, he'll get bored and just walk away and talk to some girls who can ride his own things.

"You can't just sit here and guard every move of your best friend." He said, eyeing them two.

"I'm not eyeing my best friend." I denied.

"So what are you doing, then?"

"I'm eyeing Fleur. I don't trust her." I said, lifting my chin up. Ashton stood up from the table and making his way through me and Calum. Finally!

"Hey, where's the others?" Ashton asked right away.

"Uh- Mike and Joyce were dancing like crazy at the dance floor." Calum said, pointing a finger at the two crazy and drunk lovers. I swear, they're dancing is so embarrassing. "Miranda introduced Luke at her few cousins there."

"Great. Um, can I use our room from awhile."

"WHAT?! Why?" I shouted, looking at Fleur whose still on her seat fixing her messy hair.

"We need to be alone."

"We? Who's we?"

"Patootie, it's me and Fleur." He said in a sweet voice.

Suddenly, I feel like my world collapsed. I could feel water stinging in my eyes but I blinked them away. He started to wrapped his arms around me, just like what he did to Fleur earlier. But I believe, mine's more special because I'm the best friend. Calum faced us attentively.

"I'll take care of her." Calum said, as he tapped Ashton's shoulder. "Don't worry about your patootie."

"Patootie, I'll leave now." He said tooling off his arms around me as Calum gave the keys to the house. Then, finally said one last time before really leaving. "Patootie, bye."

I just rolled my eyes over him as I shouted, "Don't come back, butthead."

I looked at Ash walking away with Fleur. I looked at my drinks again and stirred it up with my straw and left out a small sigh.

"Let's go." Calum invited, giving me a small nod as he stood up beside me. "I texted Luke and Michael already."

"I'll stay here. You go."

"Do you think Ashton would trust me again if I leave you here?"

"Ugh. I don't care."

"Com'n!" He said, another nod again. "Let's have a walk."

I just nodded. I'm not in the mood to argue anything with Calum right now at the moment.

We started walking at the shore. The light of the moon was really bright.

Calum find a good spot where silence occurred the place away from the music at the party. I sat along with him.

"I know you like Ashton." He finally spoke. My eyes went completely wide open as I look at his face. This is the first time I've seen him serious and I find it no sign of weirdness or creepiness.

"The way you act, the way you look at Ashton. I know there's some deep feelings you have for him down there." He uttered, now he's looking at me.

"I don't like Ashton." I replied, as I put my knees bent to my chest and my arms around it cause I'm feeling a bit cold. "I love Ash."

"I love him so much. I love every single little thing he does. But he only sees me as his best friend. His patootie." I said then ended with a loud sigh.

"Why not say your feelings to him?" He asked, moving closer to me. We were now an inch away to each other.

"Are you serious?" I asked before he nodded and pouted. "I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't?"

"I'm afraid at how things will go after I confess. And I'm a girl." I said, rolling my eyes at him. "Duh."

"If you love someone, no more excuses. Just tell him." He adviced, pulling his beanie. "So in the end, you won't regret because you didn't say it to that person."

"Wow. I didn't know you know something about love." I teased, as I starts to laugh.

"Who do you think I am?" He said, giving me a confuse look. "Numb?"

"Yeah. I thought you were just like the select-and-ditch type of person." I let out a small portion of my tongue.

"I only had one past relationship."

"Oh, spill it out."

"We were 14 and in love."

"What's her name?"

"Maddy. But if you weren't meant to be, you can't force it. Things didn't work out so we decided to end things up. She has a boyfriend now and they're happy. And I'm happy for her." He said, smiling. His position now is like mine's.

"Sorry to hear that."

"It's fine. I'm over it. We're still friends though."

"Oh, is she beautiful?"

"Of course. In my eyes, before. But she's really beautiful and nice." He stated.

Suddenly a cold wind came by.

"Oh my god. I'm shivering." I said, as I did shiver. I am wearing a very summery outfit-- a sleeveless hanging blouse that says, 'DORK' and a faded-blue denim short shorts.

"Come on." I said, standing up in my seat. "Let's go back and check Joyce and Mikey."

I cleaned off my butt and clenched my fists.

Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug. He is so damn cold too. I could feel his hands stroking underneath my clothes. I didn't know what to react.

"I'm clod too. That's why I can't give you my sweater." He said from behind. He's wearing a sweater, as usual. "But I can share it with you."

"Wow. You're such maniac." I teased, pulling out from his arms and looking up at him. "But I badly need a hug right now so.. I can deal with it."

Then, He put my hands over his chest to have it warm too and pull me off again and this time, he hugged me even tighter.

"Promise me, you won't yell anyone." I whispered.

"I promise."

"Can we pull off now?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry."

To be honest, He's nice. Calum's really nice.

**********

A/N:

Guys I wanna watch TFIOS. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Guys, vote and comment.

- pizzagirlwithapen