Chapter 17

Calum's POV:

I am already ready for the dinner later. I wore my grey sweater, skinny jeans and my all-time favorite black high-cut Converse. I was standing in the kitchen, my hands gripping the counter so tightly that my knuckles began to turn pale white. Judith's family are inviting my family at dinner but since I'm the guy I should be insisting that it's best in my place to have a dinner first. Well, at least that was my idea. I gulped down as sweats came down on my forehead. I decided that the best thing I could do right now was breathe, deeply in and out as I waited for the arrival of the Brook's family, my girlfriend's family.

**********

I was getting ready for the dinner at Hood's residence, my boyfriend's residence. What a cool surname. Everyone was excited to meet each other's families especially me and Calum. We haven't seen each other for the last four days so I kinda miss him. Though, we text and call one another 24/7.

I got up and grab a white fitted shirt that says 'Sexy' , a beanie, my white Doc Martens and my galaxy-printed leggings. I went on the bathroom to change and put on some foundation, lip balm and a thin line of eyeliner on my finishing look. I don't want to be like a clown so.. that'll do.

**********

Calum's POV:

Everything was set in place, thanks to my Mum and my sister, Mali. I heard a knocked on the door, for sure it was the Brooks family. I walked towards the door. "I got it."

"Hey, come in." I opened the door for them. Mrs. Brooks went in first, her little sister, Julia on her side.She gave me a hug and Mr. Brooks with his large hands offering to squeeze mine.

I grabbed his hands and He said with a smile. "Calum.." and went on to the kitchen with my family.

"Hey?" I saw Judith at a distance fixing her hair outside. I opened the door wide. She was always so beautiful.

"Don't act like I'm not supposed to be here.." She laughed and pushed me to enter the house.

We were met by our two families. We just eat and chatted about rabdom things about each other's life but mostly about me and Calum.

"So Judith do you go to same school with my son?" My dad asked her, placing more potato salad onto his plate. She nodded at my Dad. "And we're both incoming juniors, Mr. Hood."

*

*

*

After the dinner, our families bonded together. Our Dads were currently outside on the patio, drinking beers probably talking about business/man stuffs.

Our Mums spoke mostly about different kinds of recipes they knew. Basically, they're done interviewing me and Judith about how our relationship started. To be honest, it just got started.  Almost two weeks or ten days to be exact.

We were at the living room along with Mali. I found earlier that they had common interests - boys. Which is great considering it meant they got along easier - putting my mind at ease. "Mali, could you show Julia the bathroom?" My Mum shouted still talking with Mrs. Brooks.

"I'll leave you two guys alone." Mali smiled as she hold Julia's hand. "How old are you baby?" I can see that she wants a little sister. "Seven."

**********

Calum looked at me holding my hands. "Everything went well." Yeah, everything went well. Our families were so good to each other like they were meant to be close. I nodded at Calum and rest my head on his shoulders. Our Mums walked over to us, looking at me and Cal. "They look so perfect." They awwed in a very motherly way.