Chapter 26

Thunderbird Restobar is so big. I've never been into places like this, it's so clubby and smoky. I almost didn't see Ash but thanks to his red bandana spun around his head.

He fetch me at my house with Joyce and Michael too. We have to be at least a hour early before they spot on the light. They still have to check the sound system and all the music stuffs.

Ashton's playing the drums while Michael's on the guitar with Calum. Calum never came to talk to me, he was just on his pure silent. I'm so torn apart on what he just did and said earlier. Begging to not let go of him. Is it me who let go? No, I didn't. I'm just too guilty to come back to him because what I did was completely unacceptable.

I walked over outside the bar and what I didn't expected was Luke. He was standing so freaking tall at the door. Well, actually besides the door.

I came to approach him with a tap on the shoulder. "Hey, you're supposed to be inside with them."

He looked at me, with full excitement. "I know, I know. But Miranda's coming."

I pushed him inside the door. "I'll take care of her. Now, practice your songs or you'll fucked everything up."

"But-"

"But, but, but, no more but's." I yelped and told him to go inside.

He smiled and finally gave up telling me to text me quickly if she's already here so that he'll get ready. I responded with a thumbs up and then he ran inside.

It was past 7pm, but they're soon start at 8pm. I looked both sideways looking for them, I texted Miranda.

'Wer r u? D gig's about 2 start :---)'

I looked once again at the people walking but no sign of her. At the time when I heard the music playing, I decided to go back in.

The place is getting crowded. I sat at the tall chair at the bartender's place. Joyce fill the left side of my seat saying, "I hope they won't freaked out."

I smiled as I nodded. Joyce ordered two margaritas, one for both of us. I've never been a drinker but, maybe a little shot won't kill me.

"So here's our first single," Luke uttered looking at Calum. "It's called Heartbreak Girl."

Then, the three started strumming their guitars as they sang.

You call me up,

It's like a broken record

Saying that your heart hurts,

That you'll never get over him getting over you,

And you end up crying,

And I end up lying,

That I'm just a sucker for anything that you do

But when the phone call finally ends,

You say thanks for being a friend

And we're running in circles again and again

Then, the crowd started applauding. Ashton hit the drums even more louder making the whole place to shake.

Suddenly, Miranda gave me a hug as she sat at the right side of my place. I hugged her in return.

"Am I late?", she said.

"No, no. It's the first song." I shook my head.

Miranda turned to my left side, giving Joyce a wave. "Hi, Joyce."