Chapter 21

Luke's POV:

Another day of nothing to do. I decided to go on my way over at the Hood's residence and chill out. As always, Mum has ordered me to give this piece of paper that says, "Specialty Cake Recipe.." to Mrs. Hood. They always got along ever since me and Calum were toddlers, idek.

I fixed my hair one more time before putting my hands inside the pockets of my varsity jacket. I knocked on the door once. And then Mali opened it for the second knock. "Hi Luke."

She yelled. "Cal, Lukey's here..", but he didn't answered. I took the recipe out of my pocket handing it to her.

I uttered, "Please give it to your Mum." then she took it.

Suddenly, Mrs. Hood came out of the kitchen wearing her usual apron on her waist.

"Oh, hello Luke. What are you doing here?" She greeted with a smile exactly like her son. Mali handed her the paper before leaving us at the living room.

"Is Cal upstairs?", I asked.

"Oh, he just went for a walk by now. He said he'll be meeting someone, probably Judith.."

"Oh okay.. I'll go now."

"By the way, did you know how Calum got his black eye?" She asked me with full concern on her voice.

I just shrugged my shoulders having no idea what she's asking. Did she say Calum got a black eye?

I stood up from the couch. "I'll probably go now."

She gave me a pat on the shoulder before opening the door. "Okay. Tell Liz, thank you for this recipe."

I just nodded making my way out. I quickly padded Calum's number, but he ain't answering.

**********

"Mum, do we have some painkillers left?" I asked, rubbing my temples softly.

"Your dad took the last one the other night.." She shouted from the backyard. "Just go downtown and buy some.. and buy Dunkin Donuts too."

She took $20 at dad's wallet before going at the backyard again. I put on some hoodie to hide my swollen cheek.

I take the normal since I have no choice. It's a 30 minutes walk from house to downtown. I have to buy some painkillers for my bruise.

My cheek had a color violet since Calum hit it accidentally way too hard. I can't speak well or smile well, or even cry well because the pain's stinging inside.

I can't hide the fact that I did cheat on him and I felt so guilty. I hurt Calum's feelings and there's no way I can take it back. If he wants a breakup, sooner or later, I won't be shock. Because I deserve that. To be hurt. To feel guilty about what I did to him and his love for me. Maybe, that's the price I should pay.

*

*

*

I was on my few steps on Mini Stop when I saw Luke running towards over me. I give him a weak smile, but he hugged me and pulled me back to the direction of my house.

"Luke, what are you doing?", I asked him but he grabbed me and pulled me even farther.

"Luke, I'm going to buy some medicine.."

"Judith, trust me you don't wanna go there.." He mumbled, taking a tighter grip on my hand.

"What are you talking about?", I wondered. I keep on wrestling with him, then he finally let go of me. I sighed and walked a few stores left before Mini Stop.