Chapter Five: Silent Words

I stayed in Sasuke's arms longer than I had wanted. I pushed him away, standing up quickly. He looked up at mem surprised, but then he scowled. "I was just trying to help you feel better."

"Yeah? But I don't get comforted by hugs." I glared at him, he jumped up to his feet. He was standing over me, he was only a couple of inches taller, and his dark eyes studied mine. "We should be getting that journal back and then go meet the others."

He stepped back, "You should probably pay attention more."

"You should worry about yourself, Uchiha." I snarled at him. "I know more about myself than you, so it's best if you step back and stop protecting me too much."

"We're supposed to work as a team, remember that. It's not solo work." Sasuke grabbed my wrist and pulled me where Guy and Rock Lee interrogated us. "You're acting like Naruto, a nuisance."

I jerked my wrist back. "Excuse me? You're the one who decided to fall for a trap, I'm the one who thought best of it."

"Still, if that was someone in need of help---"

"Let's just drop it, shall we?" I interrupted him, grabbing my bag. Everything was still in it, except for the journal, which really frustrated me. I swung my bag at Sasuke's head.

He dodged the blow, and turned to look at me. "What's wrong with you? I didn't do anything."

"You're annoying. You try to act so cool about everything, you think you're perfect, you . . ." I shook my head and began to walk were they started off from Kei's house. I gritted my teeth, I could hear Sasuke follow behind quietly. He had those dark, fathomless eyes, spiked hair . . . he was handsome, of course, but I couldn't stand him. How he acted, but the tragedy of his family, I couldn't help but feel bad for him.

I remembered my mother, who had long, dark, silky hair, mesmerizing green eyes, a beautiful face, and a happy face. I had her green eyes, smile and silky hair, but I got my father's short brown hair and brilliant sense of humour and fighting skills. Sighing, I slowed my pace; living in the Amegakure---being seperated from Kei and everyone I knew in the Konohagakure---had made me forgotten about them and how they died. Kei changed after their death, and I was sent to the Amegakure by the Third Hokage. Although, moving back to the place where my parents had grown up, had Kei and me, and died was a hard moment.

"Amaya." Sasuke's voice whispered in my head, but it wasn't strong enough to grasp. 

"Amaya? Are . . . okay . . . Amaya?" I snapped back to reality, I glanced up to see Kakashi leaning down, examining me. "Amaya? You don't look so well. Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes, "No. Not even one bit."