Chapter 43

We silently sat there munching down our food without saying anything. If truth to be told I just couldn't eat anything after what just happened. I knew Mason hasn't change, that he still have feelings for me but hearing that from him was different. I felt, i felt as if...

"Are you done?" Mason asked me.
"Huh?" I looked at him with a questioning look. I was so busy in the train of thoughts that I did not realize that he was speaking to me.
"Do you want something else or shall we leave?" He asked me again.
I looked at my plate; the food was still there. I put my fork down.
"No. I am done."

He nodded and called the waiter. After that we came out from the hotel. We were walking together towards his car so I stopped suddenly. He looked back.

"What? Why did you stop?"
"I will go myself. I will take a cab."
He looked at me for a few seconds then started speaking, "I am not letting you go alone at this time."
"Why not? It's not that late. I can go."
"Don't argue with me, Elena. Come and sit in the car."
"Then you don't order me." I know I was acting childish but I was in no mood of travelling with this man right now. He can't always get things his way.
"I am not.. damn it." He stopped and took a few deep breaths. He was irritated.
"Elena, I am not ordering you. Come with me."
"Didn't you left me alone a long time ago." He looked at me straight in the eyes.
"We are not discussing about that right now."
"Will you ever discuss that with me? No, right? You only decided it on your own. You decided to leave me and I will never know why. What my fault was. Nothing. Was I just one of your game?" I chucked then continued. "Why am I even saying something when I know I'll never get the answers." Mason was standing there looking at me but did not say anything. I know he was getting hurt with my words. His eyes says it all but I can't help myself. I need to get it all out. Few minutes passed but he did not speak so I started walking away and this time he did not stop me.

I walked on the road without knowing the route. I know it was stupid but I don't care. I will find a way to reach my place. Thank goodness my parents were not at home today or I would have received so many calls till now. I started looking around for a taxi. I felt a few drops on my face. I looked up. Shit. It started raining. What do you I do now? Stupid, stupid Elena. I saw a taxi coming towards me but it was full. I walked a few steps when a bike stopped in front of me.

"Need a lift?" He asked me.
I did not say anything and started walking but another bike stopped in front of me.
I was surrounded by the bikers. I punched myself in my head. I should have heard Mason.
"Let me go." I started walking again, trying to get out of their circle but all in vain.
"C'mon. We just wanna have some fun. Don't you?"
"Just one ride, babe."
They were speaking and laughing while driving their bikes in the circle. Here and there I tried to walk out but failed. They were 5 and I was just 1. After a few minutes one of them get off his bike and held my hand.
"Don't make us wait so long. We don't have that much patience." He held my hand so tight that it started to hurt.
I tried to get his hand off from mine but nothing. I bit his hand then which worked. He immediately left my hand.
I ran a few steps but one of them held my hand from behind and pulled me towards him. Others came too.
"You. We were trying to be patient with you but not anymore." The one whose hand I bit shouted on my face. Then all of them laughed and started coming towards me. I closed my eyes as soon as his face was inches away from mine. I was terrified.
As I was waiting for the worst to happen, I heard someone shouting in pain.
The man whose face was inches away from mine was now on the floor writhing in pain.
Someone touched my shoulder and I flinched back but he held my hand instead.
"Elena." I looked at my right and was relieved to see the familiar face.
"Don't worry. I am here." He squeezed my hand but I hissed.
He looked at my hand and it was all red.
The other two guys came with a hockey stick to hit him from behind.
"Mason." I shouted. When one of them hit him on the head. Mason held his head and lost his balance for a few seconds but he immediately gained it back and punched them. He was out of control then. The guys were bleeding. They all went away after that.
I went where Mason was standing.
"Mason." He turned around. His face was little swelled and had a cut near his lower lip.

I touched it and he hissed in pain. He held my hand. In that moment I forgot about everything and hugged him tightly. I was scared, not just for myself but for him too. His arms feels like a safe place.

"You are shivering, Elena." I didn't know I was shivering until he said it. He then hugged me back trying to calm my nerves. I don't know fow how long we stood there holding each other. It felt like ages when we were like this.

"Shhh. Don't be afraid. I am here." Thank goodness you are. I did not want to break our moment, the hug as I might fall down if I did. But obviously we couldn't stand there forever so, after a few minutes I finally pulled away. I looked him in the eyes. What if something happened to him? I would have blamed myself and nobody else. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"I am sorry, Mason. I did not kn.." I began apologising but he stopped me.

"Shh." He put a finger on my lips and my body shivered again.

"It's not your fault. Let's go home now."
Fearing tears might fell from my eyes, I just nodded.

He held my hand and we both walked towards his car and this time I did not say anything.