Soulmate cont'd | Kylo Ren

-

-

-

"We need to get this droid to the resistance base, Rey." the boy spoke

"I'm aware Finn." Rey replied to him, "Where is the base located?"

Finn looked towards BB8 nervously, "Tell her."

"It's in the Ileenium system!" I shouted as BB8 looked between them.

Rey nodded as she moved towards the cockpit.

"Who are you really?" I asked Finn, narrowing my eyes and grabbing him by his shirt collar.

"I-I'm a ex-storm trooper, I fled the First Order. I'm not really with the R-resistance." Finn stuttered.

"Does Rey know?" I asked, releasing my grip on his shirt.

He shook his head and my facial expression relaxed.

"You have to be the one to tell her." I spoke, walking away from him.

I moved along the hallways of the ship, studying the designs of the lights on the wall. It seemed strangely familiar, like something I had seen in Ben's mind.

All of a sudden, the ship jolted and a loud groan came from the cockpit. Finn and I ran to Rey, wondering what had happened.

"We're in some kind of tracking beam, the controls are disabled!" Rey cried.

We hid in a compartment, waiting to release poisonous gas on whoever walked onto the ship.

"Chewie," an older man spoke to a wookie, "We're home."

My eyes widened at the sight of these people, I had seen them too in Ben's mind; he had a close connection with them.

"Han Solo." Finn gasped.

"The war hero and the guy who made the kessel run in 12 parsecs." Rey added.

"Who are you and what are you kids doing on my ship?" Han asked

"I'm Rey, this is Finn, that's [y/n], and that's BB8." Rey introduced, pointing at us.

Han nodded, "How'd you get this ship?"

"We stole it from Niima outpost, it was in Unkar Plutt's possession." I responded.

We learned Han was keeping these dangerous creatures, Rathtars, and we used them against other smugglers/gangs who Han had failed to re-pay. We escaped them, leaving the creatures behind and flew to Takodana to visit Maz Kanata, an old friend of Han.

"Rey!" I called out to her, noticing she suddenly seemed distant.

She ignored me and started to walk across the building and down a dark staircase; I followed her cautiously, with BB8 rolling close behind.

I watched as Rey opened a box and touched something inside. I watched as she grabbed a lightsaber and started to act strange, it appeared the lightsaber was making her hallucinate. I would later learn it was causing her to see a group of visions.  

I jumped when I noticed Maz suddenly standing  behind me.

"What's happening to Rey?" I asked Maz.

Rey suddenly hit the floor, on her stomach, and looked straight at us.

"That lightsaber once belonged to Luke Skywalker and now it's calling out to you." Maz spoke, "Take it."

Rey shook her head, still frightened by what she saw and ran back up the stairs, away from the weapon.

Maz approached me, looking straight up as my body towered over her short figure.