Forgivness | Anakin Skywalker

Imagine: Anakin has turned to the dark side the day you planned to announce your pregnancy. He allows you to flee and you don't see him for 18 years, but the interaction was heartbreaking.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
"I love you more than you can imagine, and I can save you. Just trust me. "

I reminded myself of that information as I walked nervously down the hall, letting my heart lead me to Anakin. I sighed a shaky breath, the twinge of pain and sadness still present in my mind.

I had only hoped that this ugly feeling was not coming from Anakin, had he already known? I bite my lip, I was suddenly becoming anxious over something I had rehearsed for several weeks back.

I have some exciting news, and I hope I don't freak you out, I'm pregnant.

I turned the corner and felt a cold draft envelop my body. My heart started to beat faster, the cold feeling of sadness and pain seemed to follow me, coating the air around me. I turned the corner; expecting the worst. I prepared myself for Anakin to confront me saying 'I don't want children", but little did I know, it wouldn't help me.

I held my breath and turned the corner, expecting the worst; but what I was met with was far worse than anything imanginable.

In the midst of a common area, bodies were scattered all around the furniture. It broke my heart to see that they were children, padawans, still clutching their training lightsabers.

What broke my heart completely, was Anakin, standing in the middle of the room, still welding an ignited lightsaber.

I fell to my knees, releasing my emotions. I kneeled in this devastating scene and cried. I cried like my life depended on it, letting the sound of my loud, tear-choked, sobs fill the room.

"Don't." I said, noticing Anakin was moving closer to me.

"[y/n]." He cooed, as if he ignored the fact 20 dead children laid around us.

I stood up, wiping my red, puffy eyes from tears. I spun on my heels but was stopped by an invisible force.

"My love." he said, in a strange, dark voice that was unfamiliar to my ears.

"Why did you do this?" I asked between sobs, "They were just children."

Anakin pulled me in a comforting embrace, a gesture that did not fit the situation. I gave in, allowing him to pull my head to his chest and wrap his arms around me.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out, my vision now blurry from my tears. "At first, I was excited to have a child with the love of my life. Now, I am unsure. I cannot bare to watch you slaughter our child, so if you must kill it, kill me first. "

"I will not kill our child."

"How can I trust you." I snapped back.

"I did all of this to save you." Anakin said, looking down into my eyes.

"How can any of this save me? Why have you chosen to kill others to spare me. This isn't right Ani. Palpatine is manipulating you."

After processing the last statement, Anakin looked at me, with the most horrid expression on his face. Before I could speak, he extended his arm, using the force to stop me from breathing.

"Ani." I managed to wheeze out, as I put my hands to my neck, trying to break away from the invisible force.

"My love, you underestimate the Emperor. He has allowed me to give you the opportunity to live. I will send you on a pod to Tatooine, you will live there in hiding." Anakin replied, releasing his hold on my throat.