Traitor | Poe Dameron

-

-

-

"Ahem," A voice called, startling you from your thoughts as you worked to file data.

"Lutentient!" The voice cried more sharply.

You jumped and dropped a couple of data chips on the ground. "My apologies General Hux," You told him as you gave him a weak smile, "I'm just finishing up the filing for the recovered documents as our next mission is in a few hours"

"Very well," He nodded, watching you sort the chips in a file box.

"These are for you to take," You said handing him a thin wooden box with indigenous symbols graved on its surfaces, "I haven't imputed it in the system since this is valuable information to Ren about the location of a rebel base"

Hux didn't grab the box from you, "You'd better hang on to it. He's been tearing up his room more frequently than usual and I'd hate for this artifact to meet the same fate".

"Alright," You smiled, giving his arm a soft pat, "I should be going then".

Hux nodded, a slight blush creeping up his face as you walked out of the room. 

Thank the maker that he had once again forgotten to ask you about your ID chip. 

-

-

-

"Lieutenant," an audio recording started as it began to brief you on today's goal, "You will land on the outskirts of The Talo Colony on Jaandia. A spy will be there to meet you with more important documents. 10 armed storm troopers will be guarding you, along with the armed pilot. Be quick because rebels are known to have connections in Jaandia too."

You sighed, sinking back into your chair. You glance at the stormtroopers, seated 5 and 5 on opposite sides of the transport ship, who stare back through the lifeless and dark eyeholes of their armor.   

You jolt forward against the seatbelt as a rough landing is made. 

"You have arrived" An automated voice announces throughout the ship. 

You nod at the stormtroopers who immediately begin to march out in front of you. 

Something felt off, and by the grace of the maker, your uncertainty was answered by taking a glace out of the narrow window on your left.

A lone resistance pilot with a gun was advancing on the ten stormtroopers. You admired his bravery for a nanosecond, before remembering that he was outnumbered 12 to 1. 

As if the planet has begun to spin much slower, you couldn't help but freeze when the area erupted in gunfire. The resistance pilot had a decent aim, but he'd need more help. 

2 stormtroopers tumbled to the ground

The confliction between light and dark inside of you was churning. You weren't sure how to react because you had sworn loyalty to the First Order. Yet, helping this pilot felt right. Coming up with a distraction in an instant, you shrieked. Half of the troopers turned to glance at you, and with your distraction, the pilot took down 3 more. 

6 left. 

You quickly slid your gun out of its holster and took out the remaining, along with the armed pilot behind you. 

The resistance pilot at the bottom of the ship's ramp surveyed the damage and took a shot at you. It snagged your right arm and you let out a high-pitched yelp.

"You idiot!" You cried at the pilot as you fell to the floor, "I was helping you!"

The resistance pilot quickly made his way up the ramp and turned the strap of his gun so that the gun now rested on his back. "I-I'm sorry, everything happened so quickly-"