Project | Poe Dameron

imagine: Working on a project with the Poe Dameron, captain of the football team, turns into something a little heated. modern au
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
As I nervously walk into class, I catch the eye of Poe Dameron. I give him a small smile before turning my head away, trying to avoid blushing in front of him.

Poe has been relatively flirtatious towards me lately and I don't understand why, but I'm not complaining. He's a sweet guy with a charming smile and curly, dark hair that compliments his skin.

And here I am again, day dreaming about Poe. I'm not usually the one to have crushes but my heart stopped when I first came face-to-face with him. I was instantly succumbed to his charming behavior and I found myself constantly attending his games and practices. I wasn't the only one, being the captain meant always having a parade of girls following him. That's why, receiving attention from him was strange.

I noticed the history teacher writing something on the board so I directed my attention towards her.

'Partner projects on the creation of the Old Republic' read the board

I turned towards my friend Nova, who was sitting next to me.

I opened my mouth to whisper a sarcastic comment about the project but the teacher had started to explain the project and failing was not on my to-do list.

"In a moment," my history teacher spoke, shuffling papers and quickly adjusting her bright-lavender glasses, "I will read out your partner assignments."

The class let out a loud groan and I let out a quiet sigh. Being the awkward person I am, I only worked well with one person, Nova, and I was a bit intimidated by my other peers.

"Snap, you'll be working with Poe."

"Actually-uh, miss!" Poe said, interrupting the teacher, "I'd rather work with [y/n], if you don't mind."

The teacher paused and looked between us, considering the request as Poe winked at me.

"I don't see why not." The teacher said, marking something down on her paper, "Snap can work with Nova instead."

Nova rolled her eyes and turned in her seat to face me."I can't believe he asked to work with you!"

"Me neither!" I replied.

"I bet he's trying to get in your pants or something, have you seen the way he's been looking at you?"

I nodded my head and laughed, my eyes trailing across the classroom to where Poe was sitting.

"Don't tell me you have eyes for him." Nova teased.

"I-I don't!"

"Lies."

"Ok so maybe I do, b-but it's just a stupid crush." I sputtered

"What's a stupid crush?" Poe asked, standing next to my desk.

"Nothing."

"It's never nothing." Poe grinned, curious to figure out what I was talking about.

"Leave her alone Dameron." Nova said, narrowing her eyes.

"I just came to invite her to my house tomorrow to work on the project." Poe said, raising his hands to prove his innocence, "I'll walk you over."