Chapter 2

I wake up the next morning and find the other side of the bed empty. He is probably just making breakfast or walking to the bakery, katniss thought, no need to worry. So Katniss gets up and takes her time getting ready.

When she gets out of the shower, she hears voices coming from downstairs. She grabs clothes from her dresser, quickly puts them on, and runs down the stairs. Their I find Haymitch and Peeta sitting at the kitchen table with a phone in between them.

A wide smile spreads across Haymitch's face“Finally pulled yourself together did you sweetheart?”

Usually when Haymitch makes comments like like I shoot him a dirty look but today I just smile and nod. “Who’s on the phone,” I ask raising an eyebrow at Peeta.

Before anyone could answer Effies voice fills the room, “Oh good I’ve been dying to tell you all...”Effie pauses and the line goes quite.

“Tell us all what?” his words came out unsteady.

“Tell you all that a train is coming to pick you all up in three hours,” Effie exclaimes.

It was Peetas turn to talk. “For what?”

“For the final Hunger Game of course!” Effie beams.

A deep look of sadness crosses over Peetas face.

“And why are we having a finial Hunger Games?” Haymitch says in a drunken voice.

“Because thats what you and Katniss wanted!” snorted Peeta. Haymitch and I must both have a look of confusion on our face because Peeta keeps talking “Remember... It was right before Katniss killed Coin and you two had the final vote on weather we had the finial games or not, and Katniss said yes and you said ‘I’m with the Mocking.’”

I do remember that I remember thinking about Rue and Prim and all the kids that died in the arena and I couldn't take the anger so I said yes, but now that i think about...how many more kids will be killed because I was being selfish... “We can’t have another Hunger Games I blurt out... It’s not right!”

“I’m sorry Katniss,” Effie says, “But you and Haymitch already said yes.”

“But it’s not right!” I shout.

“Katniss,” Peeta says in a sing-song voice.

“Just drop it sweetheart,” Haymitch says. “It’s no use.” Clearly he’s mad.

“Haymitch is right Katniss...” Before effie could finish her sentence, Haymitch cuts her off.

“Of course im right!” He picks up the phone. “We’ll see you at three,” he says then hits end.