Chapter 31

"I President Snow, am honored to be able to do this. I put a lot of thought into this and I'm very please with my decision. I here by declare Katniss Everdeen as my successor. She will inherit all of my wealth, power, and servants. She will be the new leader and do great things. But Katniss, I have one last message for you... Remember, it's the things we love the most, that destroy us!"

The room falls silent when Haymitch finishes reading. It's not a comfortable silence. I was already shaking as it is, and hearing his will read out loud didn't help. Peeta notices and holds me extremely close. He starts rubbing my back, and I relax a little.

"Catnip," Gale says breaking the silence.

I turn and look at him.

"Your the new president of Panem," Peeta finishes.

I look up at Peeta and then it begins to sink it. It starts making sense. I'm the new president. But why? I can hardly take care of myself... Let alone a whole country!

I begin shaking again. The last thing I feel before I black out, is Gales strong arms pulling me from Peetas lap and into his.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's a short chapter guys but this is the end of the fanfic! I might make a sequel but if I do that wouldn't come out until January. Comment if you would want a sequel please😊