Chapter 13

I don't know what to do. It almost time to move and Peeta looks terrible.

"Need some help over there?" Gale shouts.

I turn around and stare at him. What should I say? Do I need help? I don't know. What could Gale do that I can't do? Then I think of it. I stare at him for a second longer and then turn to Peeta. I kiss him.

I can hear Gale sigh in misery but I don't care. All I care about is Peeta and I hope that kissing him will work.

The chariot jerks and starts to move. I fall into Peeta. He freezes. I get myself together, stand up, and grab his wrists.

"Stay with me," I mumble.

"Always," he mumbles back.

I reach for his hand and this time he takes it. We ride through the streets of the Capitol with no fire. I hear whispers all around me. I look over at Peeta and he shrugs his shoulders. As if on que our chariot and horses burst into flames. The crowd goes wild. cheers and shouts are heard all around us.

"You three were excellent!" Effie beems.

"Let's go upstairs and talk," Haymitch says.

We all follow Haymitch to the elevator and up to our floor.

When we get there we eat and then gather around the TV to watch a recap of the reaping.

Once its over everybody leaves. Peeta, Haymitch, Effie, and I left in the room.

Silence.

“Didn’t you say you had to talk to me?” Peeta asks me.

“Yeah I did,” I reply.

“Well what is it?” Haymitch says irritated.

I only planned on telling Peeta but he asked in front of them and its not bad so I guess I could tell them. “My stylist is Cinnas daughter.”