Chapter 15

I go to mine and Peetas room and sit on the bed. A few minutes later Peeta comes in the room and sits down next to me.

"I'm not in the mood to talk," I say sharply.

"Then don't talk and just listen," Peeta says calmly.

I turn my body so I can look him directly in the eye, "I'm listening."

"I'm sorry I went mutt right before we moved."

Silence.

"I was just trying to fight a bad memory and I pushed your hand away because I was afraid that if I grabbed it, I would hurt you... And that's just we both need before we get thrown into the arena."

I just stare. Millions of thoughts are running through my head.

I am only able to choke out one question... "What bad memory?"

"Our first chariot ride. I don't know if it is real or not real... Would you be able to help me?"

I nod my head in response.

"When we got down to the bottom floor of the remake center you tried to set my cap on fire and moved you hand so part of my hair cough on fire. Real or not real?"

"Not real. When we got to bottom floor of the remake center we both agreed to rip each others capes off and then we made a joke about how Haymitch shouldn't be around an open flame."

Peeta sighs and gets up off the bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I have so many memories that I can't make sense of. I hate it!"

I walk over and give him a hug.

He sighs and wraps his arms around me.

"If you ever have a question I can answer it," I say into his shirt.

"I know Katniss but most of them you can't answer because it's my feelings. I can't remember what I was feeling or what thoughts were running through my head."

"Oh," is all I can manage to say.

I feel bad for Peeta. I would hate to be hijacked. I wish I could him but he's right. I can't tell him what his feelings were because at the time I was to busy trying to sense of mine to ask him about his.

"We should go to bed Katniss. We start training tomorrow."

"I don't think we really need training... I mean we have already won the Hunger Games twice, completed a mission to kill Snow, captured you from the capitol, manage to kill both Snow and Coin, and manage to kill Seneca Crane."

Peeta laughs. "Well that cleared up a lot of memories."

"Really?" I ask sounding a little too hopeful.

"No not really," He laughs.

I frown.

"Come on... It's time to go to bed."

I sigh and obediently follow him over to the bed. I curl up next to him and just as I'm about to fall asleep I hear Peeta whisper something.

"The one feeling and thought I remember running through my head is that I have loved you for a long time and that I hope I don't screw up my chances of ever being with you."