Chapter 9

It's been 20 minutes since the four of them were taken out of the room. I'm growing impatient. I want to know what the plan is.

Finally two more peacekeepers come and lead us to our rooms.

When we get there the four of them are sitting on the couch watching the reaping.

The three of us walk over to the couch and sit down.

A few minutes pass by before anyone speaks.

"Talk," Haymitch shouts at Beetee.

"Well I've been working on something new," Beetee starts. "And I think if we use it we might be able to get those three out of the arena alive."

"Is it a bomb?" I ask.

Everyone turns to look at me.

I turn and look Gale directly in the eye, "because the last time a bomb was used... Prim was killed!"

You can see the hurt in gales eyes and I don't care. I haven't cared for a while now... And why should I? I mean he killed my sister. I think that's a good enough reason.

"It's not a bomb," Beetee says in a gentle voice.

"Then what is it?" Joannah snaps.

"It's a gas," Beetee snaps back.

"What does it do?" Annie asks.

"It puts people in a simulation," Beetee replies.

"What do you do in the simulation?" Enobaria pushes.

"You witness your worst fears," Beetee says it like he's just invented the most amazing thing and world.