Chapter 12

"Did he make this?" I stutter.

"He started to make it when you went into the quarter quell. This was going to be the dress you wore when you won and had your interview with Cesar. I watched him make all of your clothes and he taught me and let me help sometimes. So when he died and when I heard there was gonna be another hunger games I requested to become a stylist to honor my dad. I just got lucky getting you. Now I don't have to fix the size." She says.

I laugh because it's better than crying. "What's your name?"

"Christina," she says. Extending her hand out to me.

I shake her hand and follow her to where the dress sits on it's stand.

It's a orange dress. Not bright orange like Effie's hair. Lighter like the sunset. Peeta's favorite color. It's strapless and has yea aloe and red sparkles on it.

"Is it going to burst into flames?" I ask Christina.

"No," Christina begins. "The dress will not burst into flames... But the chariot will."

Once we get the dress on Christina leads me to where my prep team is waiting. They sit me down in a chair and waste no time. My hair and makeup is done in 5 minutes.

"Are you ready to go see Peeta?" Christina says with a smile creeping up on her face.

I laugh. "Yes."

We walk down the hall towards the elevator and find Peeta and his stylists waiting there for us.

As we get closer I can see what Peeta's wearing. An orange suite with a red tie. Not the best costume. Also I see the smile Peeta has on his face.

I walk over to him and give him a hug.

"Why are we wearing orange?" Peeta whispers in my ear.

"I don't know," I whisper back. "But I need to talk to you."

"About what?" He says a little too loud.

"My stylist," I whisper.

I let go of him and take his hand. We follow our stylists on to the elevator.

"Listen to me," Christina begins. "Your chariot will be going up in flames not you. The fire is fake but do not touch it. The hourses coups time will be going up in flames too and you will look like your on fire but really you won't be."

"Also," begins Peeta stylist. "No waving. Look like you did last time. Like the crowd is beneath you."

"Finally something I'm good at," I mumble.

Peeta laughs.

The doors open. I can immediately find our chariot. It's the one with the dressed up hourses.

"Well, thats not gonna cause a lot of attention," Peeta says only loud enough for me to hear.

I laugh.

When we get to our chariot, out stylists talk for a minute or too then leave.

Once they leave everybody turns and looks at us. Peeta and I are left standing alone with all the eyes in the room trained on us.

I look over a Peeta. He shrugs and let's go of my hand.

"You two sure do know how to drag attention to yourselfs," someone says.

I turn and see Gale. He's wearing a yellow shirt and brown pants.

"What district are you?" Peeta asks.

"District 11," I say cutting Gale off. "Agriculture."

"How did you know it was agriculture?" Gale asks.

I stare at Gale. Our eyes melting each other's . "Rue," is all I say.

"We have to get ready," Peeta says.

"Me too," Gale mumbles. "I'll see you after the parade."

He walks away. Peeta helps me on to the chariot and then I help him up.

"Are you okay?" I ask turning to look at him.

Sweat is dripping from is face. He's holding onto the chariot so tight the his nuckles are white. His eyes are look like a black hole.

I reach over and try to touch him but he slaps my hand and starts breathing heavily.

I can only form one thought. Peeta's gonna go mutt.