Chapter22

"Hijacked," Caesar repeats.

"Yes hijacked. They would inject him with tracker jacker syurm. Then they would show him videos that were not real. Most of the videos were if me. They made Peeta forget he loves me. They turned him into a monster and programmed him to kill me. When we got him out of the Capitol, and I saw him for the first time, he tried to kill me. I went to give him a hug and next thing I know his hands were locked around my neck and guards were prying him off of me. Peeta will never be the same again. For the rest of his life he will have to live with those nightmares, with those bad memories... and it's all of his fault!" I scream.

"Who's fault?" Caesar pushes.

"Snow!" I snicker.

I turn my head and try to find Hatmitch in the wings to ask for his approval of my 'speech' but I don't find Haymitch. I find Peeta. Tears stream down his face.

I stand up and run to him. His arms wrap around me and I feel safe.

I hear shouts comming from the crowd. I turn my head just enough to see Caesar trying to quite down the crown and telling the guards to get me back on stage. I feel hands on my back and I bury my head in Peeta's shoulder. He pulls me closer to him and I can already tell that he's not gonna let me go.

"Let go!" one guard shouts.

"You have to finish your interview!" another one screams.

With each demand to let go we just hold on tighter.

"Stop!" a voice shouts.

I look up and see Haymitch pushing the guards away and making his way towards Peeta and me.

"There done with their interviews," Haymitch yells.

He finally reaches us and puts his hand on my back. "Come with me!" he demands.