Chapter 24

"What?" I ask startled.

"I know when I'm doing it or when I'm about to do it," Peeta says a little louder this time.

"I don't understand," I stutter.

"Explain!" Haymitch demands as he takes a seat in a chair across from us.

Peeta sighs and begins to explain, "I know when I'm going mutt... Like, you know when you have a rush of adrenaline and you have a sudden urage to do something and next thing you know, your doing it but you like..."

"Can't stop yourself from doing it," Haymitch finishes.

"Yeah... When it first happened, it wasnt like that. You know what it was like Katniss," Peeta contuines.

I nod.

"Well, after Katniss killed Coin and I was locked in that room, I began to feel... aware."

"Aware..." I mummer.

"Yes, aware. Like I know what is going on but I can't control it... I can olny do my best and fight it."

"Have you told anyone else about this?" Haymitch asks.

"No," Peeta sighs.

Silence fills the room.

"Why are we in here again?" I ask breaking the silence.

"I'm going to tell you what your going to do in the arena..." Haymitch begins.

"You're allowed to do that?" Peeta asks cutting him off.

"No... so you can't tell anyone," Haymitch starts to talk but Peeta cuts him off again...

"Then why are you telling us... I mean we won the games before, we escaped the second one, I survived being hijacked, and we both survived a rebellion. Why are you risking your job to tell us about the arena?"

"If you don't want me to tell you then I won't," Haymitch barks.

"I just don't think..." Peeta begins.

"Let's just hear what he has to say," I say interrupting Peeta.