Chapter 10

"Isn't being forced into the arena enough?" Peeta asks.

"I'm not saying we have to use it all I'm saying is that this is going to the best way to get you three out alive," Beetee pleads.

Silence

"I'm in," Gale says. He turns and looks at me. "Catnip are you in?"

I turn and look at Peeta.

He shrugs. "I'm in if Katniss is in."

I look around the room.

Haymitch is sitting the chair across from me and pouring more wine into his cup.

Annie is sitting on the couch with Enobaira and Joannah. Annie looks scared. Enobaria looks as if she has no idea where she is and what's going on. Joannah had the slightest smile creeping up in her face.

Effie sits in the chair next to me and she looks just like she did when I found her thirteen. Beaten.

I sign. Its not that I don't trust Beetee it's just that I'm not ready to see Prim and all the other people I killed. I take a deep breath. "I'm in!"

Peeta wraps his arm around me and squeezes.

"The Mockingjay takes flight again," Joannah says.

"Yes she is," Beetee replies. He jumps up from the chair and turns to look at Gale. "I'm gonna need some help finishing it... Would you like to help?"

Gale turns to look at me. "I guess," he says like he's disappointed.

They turn and walk out of the room.

Now I know for a fact that the three of us are not all getting out alive. One of us is going to be reunited with the citizens of our district.