Chapter 28

We follow Johanna out of the control room and to the elevator. From there we follow her out the elevator, down a couple of hallways, and up a flight or two of stairs. It seems like we have been climbing forever, but Johanna finally stops. She pushes a botton and a door (I didn't ever know was there) opens. A garden stands in front of me. Its breath taking. All of the colors and exotic plants. It reminds me of the woods back in district 12. Of the days I spent hunting with Gale. STOP! I tell myself. District 12 is gone and Gale is out of the question. Focus on what is more important. Focus on what is in front of you.

Johanna walks into the room and begins to talk.

At first, I'm listening but as I look around the garden and as we get deeper into it... My thoughts begin to drown Johannas voice out. Something about this garden is not right. I don't know what it is, but I intend to find out.

"Why are we in here?" Peeta asks.

"I have to tell you guys something, remember?" Johanna deadpans.

"What's so important that we have to be in here?" I snicker.

It's cold. We are inside but there's a big opening in the ceiling letting cold air in from outside. Neither Peeta nor I have a coat on so that doesn't help. Johanna on the other hand, has on log sleeves and a heavy jacket... but she knew where she was talking us right?

"It's important that we are in here because we are meeting everybody else here," Johanna begins.

"Who's everybody else? And why in here? What's it for?" Peeta asks cutting Johanna off.

Johanna shoots him a 'cut me off one more time and I'm gonna hurt you' glare but Peeta just brushes it off.

"Everybody else is everyone who ever competed in the Hunger Games and is still alive, everyone who is protected under the Mockingjay Code, and anyone who was related to President Snow," Johanna says sadly.

"What does President Snow have to do with this?" Peeta snaps. "And why are all the flowers white?"

I stop dead in my tracks and look around. The flowers the smell the color... I should've know as soon as I walked in here. President Snow may be dead, but he still has plans to destroy me. "The flowers are for me," I say coodly. "And this is his goodbye."