Chapter 26

"Peeta!" I scream.

I leap on top of him and check his paulse. His heart is beating but he's not breathing. My hands shake as I move place them on Peeta's face. I try to pull his lips apart but they aren't moving. I kiss him -hoping that his lips will part and then he will start breathing. I keep trying, but I have no luck.

After -what seems like 10 minutes- 2 minutes of doing this I just then realize that he closed his eyes and his body got tenser.

I don't know what to do. If I scream, people will hear me and then we will get in trouble for being in here and we might both get hurt. If I don't scream, people won't know we are in here but Peeta will get hurt... and so will I. I sigh and do the only thing I can think of.

I cup Peetas face in my hands and begin to say, "Please Peeta... Please don't do this... I-I need you Peeta... P-Please d-don't do this... Please breath... Please.. Stay with me!"

His body begins to relax and he wraps his arms around me- pulling me close. His grip is tight but I don't care. His lips part and he begins to take slow breaths.

I look up and realize his eyes are closed. What's happening to him? I think to myself.

Finally, his eyes open and he draws in a big breath. His eyes meet mine and he says the same thing he usually says when I ask him that question. "Always."