Chapter 27

The door slams open and Peeta and I both jump.

"Calm down," Johanna snarles. "It's just me."

Peeta and I both relax.

"You're acting like I just caught you guys doing someone bad," Johanna smirks.

I blush. Peeta chuckles.

"The only bad thing we did was follow Haymitch into the control room, get on his nerves, refuse to listen to him, and not leave when he left," Peeta deadpans.

We all laugh. Johanna shuts the door and sits down in Haymitches old spot.

"Why are you in here anyways?" I ask Johanna.

Johanna looks us up and down then laughs.

I look at her confused but then I remember that I'm still sitting on Peeta's lap. I quickly get off and sit next to him.

Johanna laughs then replies, "I could I ask you the same question."

"I told you that we came here with Haymitch right after our interviews," Peeta replies.

"Didn't you watch our, well my, interview?"

Johanna laughs. "I was backstage the whole time Katniss. I saw and heard everything."

Again, I blush, but this time, Peeta joins me.

"Now you have to answer us," Peeta says quickly turning the attention back to Johanna.

"Haymitch told me you two would be in here," Johanna looks down as she speaks.

That means it's not good news. Suddenly, I'm scared. "Why were you looking for us?"

"I have to tell you guys something."

"Tell us what?" Peeta pushes.

"Something," Johanna repeats.

"And that something would be," I push.

"Something I can't say in this room," Johanna whispers.

I look at Peeta and he shrugs. I raise my eyebrows and then turn back to Johanna. She's no longer smiling.

"Come with me," She demands coldly.