chapter 11 {when she waits}

THE DAY HAD finally arrived. The day that Thomas was fully, properly recovered from concussion. Which meant then day that him and Minho would go back out into the wilderness, and start running and exploring the place, again.

Teresa paces around the hut her and Thomas live in. She's nervous, and not doing a good job at hiding it. At all. Whilst Thomas sorts out his running equipment (his running stuff was moved into a small box, into their home) she stops pacing, and stops.

"Are you a hundred percent sure that you're gonna be okay?"Teresa asks him, nervous.

He looks up at her, from his belt which has a small pack attached onto it. He smiles at her, chuckling lightly.

"Teresa, I am going to be fine" he says, slowly.

Teresa sighs, and them starts pacing all over again. Her hands run through her dark hair, stressed. She's terrified he'll get hurt all over again. She's nervous that he's going to be putting his body under a lot of physical attain. She's anxious that they'll both be separated, after spending two solid weeks by each other's sides, literally all the time. She's pretty worked up.

"Teresa" he says, stepping up, and walking towards her.

He places his large hands on her shoulders, halting her walking. And calming her down considerably. His dark eyes meet hers, looking right through her worries.

"Don't worry about me, okay? I know you will, and that's inevitable, but please try not to stress yourself out, alright?" he asks her, gently.

She closes her eyes for a second, and when she opens them, the blue is a little clearer, and less troubled.

"Okay" she breaths out.

BEFORE THOMAS AND MINHO set off, Teresa has a quick conversation with Minho, Thomas talking to Vince.

"Minho, please make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Or reckless. Or anything crazy and drastic that Thomas would normally do" she asks, calmly, glancing over at Thomas.

"Will do," Minho nods. "I'll remind him that you said so, and maybe he'll listen"

She chuckles, and then see's Vince patting Thomas on the shoulder, and walking away. Thomas walks over to Minho and Teresa.

"Well, Vince was just reminding me to not do anything drastic out there" Thomas states.

Teresa and Minho exchange a look. "Well, I get where he's coming from" Minho mumbles.

"Hey" Thomas puts on an insulted face.

Minho sighs, and steps back. "Alright shank, say bye to your girlfriend and let's be off"

Thomas, ignoring the fact that his face is probably burning up, pulls Teresa into a reassuring, tight hug. He knows she'll need it, and once he pulls away, she'll feel even worse nerves. He pulls away, reluctantly, and tells her he'll be okay.

He will be. He promised himself he'll never leave her, again.

TERESA BUSIES herself by working in the medical hut, and rearranging some supplies. She talks with the Immune children, who are still amazed by being in the presence of her. She talks with Brenda, and the two laugh about how Frypan ended up burning food in the early morning.

"You like Fry a lot, then?" Teresa asks her.

Brenda shrugs, smiling. "Dunno"

"Hmm" Teresa raises an eyebrow, trying not to laugh at Brenda's blush.

After that, Teresa takes a walk on the beach, watching the waves. After that, she goes and spots Gally working on extending the main shelter that everyone sits under, for breakfast. They talk for a while, and it's pleasant. There's no harsh words, or mean tones being thrown around, like the time she first came up in the Box. Or when she was literally kidnapped.

Gally brings up the conversation of Thomas and her. Teresa, talking about Thomas, and talking about Thomas to Gally (how's always seemed mature) makes her feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Um, well, yeah. . .we're good" Teresa replies.

"You're good?" Gally questions, smiling as he sorts through a pile of screws.

"Yeah" she says, looking at the ground, smiling.

"Alright then"

FINALLY, five hours pass. Teresa's stomach is doing somersaults, knowing he'll be coming back. Well, he better be coming back, she thinks. She walks up and down the shoreline of the beach, since there's nothing else she can do in the medical hut, and she needs to pass time till Thomas makes an appearance.

She notices a few things about the island that she's never seen. Like how there's a patch of beautiful flowers growing, hidden near a huge tree. Or how there's a birds nest at the very, very top of a tree. She smiles, seeing the mother bird taking care of her chicks.

This reminds her, of what little she can remember of her own mother. And the little she can remember, haunts her. It isn't pleasant at all, the only memories of your mother, acting calm even thought the situation was far from it, and seeing she'd gone so insane that she'd taken her own eyes out.

She finds her feet are carrying herself away, quickly from the nest.

When she arrives back, she spots Thomas. He sees her walking towards him, and then he begins his journey to her. He pulls her into a hug, before she can even ask him if he's feeling okay.

---

a/n: ik this isn't good, it's just a filler x