s e v e n

As soon as he hung up the phone, I kept mine to my ear and said "I love you" just to see how it felt. And it couldn't have felt any better.

Do I love Jack?

-

I touched up my makeup and made sure my hair was fully straightened and then ran out of the house, trying not to keep Jack waiting too long. "Hey!" I beamed as I jumped in the car, out of breath. "Hey, beautiful." He said leaning in to kiss me. Of course, I leaned in too, only to not make this entire car ride awkward. You know what would be really awkward? If we broke up. We literally have every class together AND we sit next to or close to each other in every one. 

-

We pull up at school and Jack and I get out at the same time. I wait for him in front of the car so that we can walk in together. When he comes up to mean, he intertwines our fingers and confidently walks in the double doors.

I felt eyes trail us as we walked in as the 'new couple'. Everyone was all over us, or they were talking about us. It was weird. I wasn't used to all of this attention. Jack is really popular, but me? I don't really know what I am. I'm kinda in the middle. Not popular, but not a nerd either. Jack was used to this kind of attention, whereas me? I was new to this and had no idea what to do. "Just ignore them, baby..." He whispered in my ear. It's like he can read my mind, I swear. 

We split up. I went to my locker and he went to his. Madison's locker is next to mine, but she hasn't come yet. The other girl beside me just keeps staring at me. I decided to say something. "Do you need something, Bethany?" That's her name: Bethany. "No..." Then there was a long pause. I was searching for my history book and she was just staring down at the floor. "Are you and Jack Gilinsky dating?" She asked, obviously disappointed. "Yes... why?" "Oh, just wondering." She finally acknowledged me, put on a fake smile and walked away.

I was still searching for my history book, but I couldn't find it anywhere. "Looking for this?" Jack said behind me, smirking, while holding my history book. I snatch it from his hand. "How did you get my book?" "I took it out of your locker just so that I could do this." We both laughed and I got on my tip-toes and kissed his cheek. He's 5'10'' and I'm only 5'5''. Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a shorty.

Jack grabbed my hand and we walked to history.

**SKIP SCHOOL DAY**

It was finally time to leave and I was at my locker putting away my books and grabbing my phone. "You ready?" asked a voice behind me. I'm not going to lie, the voice shocked me, so I kind of jumped a little. "Sorry, babes, didn't mean to scare you..." said Jack after I turned around.

He had me backed up against the lockers. His hands were about my shoulders and we were both smiling. I looked down to my feet and he lifted my chin and gave me a kiss. Not just a peck. I real kiss. Something we have never EVER done before. Whenever he pulled away, he was still holding my chin up, so I grabbed his hand and started walking towards the door with Jack right behind me, still holding my hand.

I made sure that I got into the drivers seat because he had drove us TO school, now I was going to drive us back. He tried to pull me away, but I jerked my hand away from his and kept walking. 

Whenever we got in the car, Jack justified, "I can drive, babe." "I know, but you drove this morning. My turn." He rolled his eyes while smiling, as I started the car. 

"You know, I didn't see Madison at all today, what's up with her?"

"I don't know. You're supposed to be her friend. You should know what is wrong with her."

"Jack, we just justified that we were friends YESTERDAY."

"What does that have to do with anything?!"