3 2

Then something—or should I say someONE—caught my eye... It was—

Grayson Dolan. He was waiting in the line for me and Jack. When he got to the front of the line he says, "I have a question and this is the only way I could get to you."

"Okay," I laugh, "Hit me with your best shot."

"It's not really an important question, I was just wondering if you guys were interested in going to a parade type thing. I've talked to Madison and the other Jack, and they're going. My brother, Ethan, is going, and my parents are going. You guys are welcome to invite anyone you want."

"Sure, that okay?" I look up to Jack.

"Yeah, when is it?"

"Tonight at seven. I know it's almost seven now, but I have been waiting in that line forever and the security guards thought I was a fan," Grayson hysterically laughs. Kevin, the security guard, looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. Jack signals Kevin to come to our table.

"Yes, Sir?" He asks in a deep voice.

"You wouldn't let Grayson to the front of the line to see us?"

"He didn't have a VIP pass."

"He's a friend. That should be enough."

"Sorry." Kevin apologizes not just to Jack, but to Grayson, too.

—after the meet and greet—

Jack and I pulled into downtown Washington Township and pulled over to park. We saw all of our friends sitting on the sidewalk that was covered in blankets and pillows. Nash was there, Taylor was there, Madison, Shawn, JJ, Grayson, Ethan, and all the other boys in magcon.

I could tell, when we got out of the car, that there were fans there. I knew by the way their mouths stopped moving when they saw us, and just dropped. The way they stopped what they were doing just to look at us. Girls, boys, men, women—EVERYONE—saw us. Everyone was just frozen. I gripped Jack's hand and we sat down. He sat down first, and I sat in between his legs, laying my head on his chest under his chin. There was a girl beside us who had her phone out. Jack saw and stuck out his tongue, posing for the picture, while I smiled facing towards another girl across the street.

The parade started around 7:03 (gotta be precise🤣), and ended at around 7:49.

There were a lot of girls coming up to us. Some young, some teens, and a couple of parents.

When the parade started, Jack seemed zoned out, or bored. "Whats up?" I ask, looking up at him.

He looks down at me and smiles, "nothing," and pecks my lips.

We sit at the parade until around 7:49 whenever Jack gets tired and wants to go back to the hotel. When we get to the hotel, everything's fine. Jack's super tired and so am I, so we decide to go to bed.

"You notice Ethan was staring at you like the whole time we were there?"

"Jack-"

"No. I'm serious. He didn't even LOOK at the parade, he wanted to sit there and look at YOU."

"It's not a big deal..."

"Yes it is!"

"Jack! Stop! I'm tired and I don't want to talk about it right now..." I say, rolling over on my other side. Jack rolled his eyes and rolled over and we both fell asleep.

The next morning, we basically pretended that we didn't argue last night. I think it was just he fact that we were both tired and crabby. I was getting into my suitcase to look for an outfit when Jack comes up to me and hugs me from behind. I turn around and kiss him. I think this a lot, but people are always saying that being best friends with your boyfriend is the best kind of relationship. Jack and I have been best friends since kindergarten and we just started dating 7 months ago. People always tell us we're 'goals', but personally I don't see it. I see me jumping on Jack's back or just kissing him at random moments. Nothing 'goals'. I feel like his fans have accepted that we are dating and they are fine with it, which I love. My fans have accepted it, and I'm so, so happy for that! I love that me and Jack can just sit on the bed doing nothing, not even being on our phones or watching tv, but just sitting there. Together. I feel like we can do that and it won't be awkward...