2 1

"Can I talk to you?" He asks. 

"Now?" I ask, looking around.

"Yeah." Hayes stared at his feet.

"Fine, but make it quick. Jack will be out soon."

"Okay... I know these past couple of days have been weird, with you finding out from my brother that I have liked you for the past five years and didn't tell you. But as your best friend, it shouldn't be about my happiness, I can't be selfish about it. If you are happy with Jack, I support that. Jack is a good person and I know that he won't hurt you purposely. Your happiness in life is what's important."

I literally thought I was gonna cry when he said that, and I could see he was on the verge of crying. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his wrapped around my waist and I hugged him. Hayes is almost the same height as Jack. Hayes is 5'9" and Jack's 5'10".  We stayed like this for a moment whenever Jack walked out of the bathroom. I let go of Hayes, who's tears were flowing a little, and walk over to Jack. Hayes wipes his tears and walks into the bathroom.

"What's his problem?" Jack asks, grabbing my hand and leading me back towards the beach.

"Nothing, let's not let it ruin our trip."

"Okay...? Hey, wanna not be on the beach?"

"You mean I just changed into this bathing suit for nothing?" I smiled.

"No, I mean do you wanna go to a secret spot and watch the sun set instead?"

"Uhh... sure?" I say, meaning it more of a question.

"Okay, hurry before the guys see us!" He whisper-yells, running up a really steep hill.

"Jaaaaaack..." I whine, going up the hill with Jack leading the way.

"Whaaaat...?" He smiled, stopping.

"I don't wanna climb this hill..."

"Well, would you rather hang out with the boys?"

I pretended to think about it for a second before taking off to the top of the hill.

When we got to the top, it was beautiful. There were so many colors, it was unreal. This was a completely different thing from what we get in Omaha. Me and Jack were laid out on the grass on top of the hill.

"How do you like it?" Jack asks, looking over at me smiling.

"It's gorgeous," I say leaning my body towards him. He wraps his arm around me and scoots closer. "Y'know? This would be a perfect place for a date..." I look at Jack and he's blushing.

"Yeah--yeah it would..." He blushed.

"Awe, lil Gilinsky's blushing..." said a voice behind us. I looked towards the voice to see...

-

Who was that??